Tux Questions

quietmn12

Has anyone out there rented a tux from the ship? If so, how are they, is it a good idea, and what else can you tell me? Also (and here's a hick question) when do you wear a white dinner jacket as opposed to a basic black? Someone please help me with this whole business!

The tuxes on Princess looked great and fit well. They have a special package with one pair of black slacks, one white jacket and one black jacket. You can wear either white or black for formal night on the ship. One plus is that you don't have to lug a suit with you to the ship and my husband does not own a tux, so when he wants one, we go that route.

In terms of formal attire, the majority of men will wear a tuxedo as opposed to a dinner jacket.

A dinner jacket is white or off white with tuxedo pants. You will see some on the cruise.

One approach is to rent the tuxedo and it is easier to do so in advance of your sailing through your cruise line, for those cruise lines that provide this service. The advantage is that you don't have to take the tuxedo and other accessories with you from home (whether you own one or would rent one from home).

If you think you are going to cruise annually or every couple of years and your husband will wear a tuxedo then you'd want to consider purchasing one as the payback is usually equates to two rentals if you purchase a reasonably priced tuxedo. Some people will say to try EBAY. Personally, I would want to see the tuxedo first hand and also try it on to get the proper fit if I'm going to buy one. For reasonably priced tuxedos there are a variety of options ranging from Nordstrom Rack, to J.C. Penney to Joseph A. Banks just to name a few.

Keith

It was my husbands size & a style I know he would wear.

Christan Dior.

He loved it.

He looked great.

75$....

The seller hemmed them to my husbands requested length for no additional charge.

I notice the rental charge for a tux was 80$ for our cruise......

I figured if he did not like it or the fit-

I would donate it to the high school theatre company.

Instead- we are planning our second cruise.......

bernadette

Archived