HELP!! recommendations for upgrade??

We currently have an E3 category room (#8600) on the Brilliance for our upcoming (delayed) honeymoon - 12nt Mediterannean cruise dep 9/30/07. What rooms would you rec for an upgrade to an E1 or E2 category?

Any help is greatly, GREATLY appreciated!

All the "E" category cabins are the same. The only difference between E1, E2, or E3 is the location of the ship. You will not get a better room by going to an E3 to an E1. You may get a better location. Cruzr44 is right about balconies on the hump being slightly larger. If you wanna get the most bang for your buck get an aft cabin. One of the cabins auctually facing the back. The cabins are a bit bigger per category and the balconies are 2.5 times bigger. Dont rely on the website to show you available cabins, call your TA or RCCL to see if there anf of a particualr cabin available. Many times RCCL and their website has shown to be sold out of a certain category, but my TA shows them available when I call her 5 mins later. Some of the larger agencies buy blocks of cabins for sailings. Hope this helps a bit. Good luck and not matter the cabin, you will love your cruise!!

As much as I would LOVE to get a JS, there is no way our budget can afford that right now. As it is, our E3 room (which we booked 1 day after the cruise was released for bookings!) is near the most we can afford for the both of us. We wanted to splurge a little, so we got the balcony (heck, I would have been pleased w/ an oceanview for the Mediterranean!!). It's already come up $200 pp since April.

Our only (meager) hope is for the upgrade fairy to come our way. Since we're both C&A members, and we've both cruised quite a few times, and we booked so darn far in advance, it could happen.

But I'm not holding my breath!

In any case, thanks for the thoughts - right now nothing aft is open for our rooms, but I'll keep my eyes open.

Since you are on a tight budget why don't you just stay put and take the extra $$'s and use toward purchases in all those great cities you are going to. DH and I bought a oil painting in one of the piazzas of Rome. Whenever we look at it we think of that wonderful vacation.

I agree with those who say save your money on paying for an upgrade to an E2 or E3.

We were in cabin 8590 on the edge of the "hump" on the Serenade of the Seas 11 day Hawaii cruise. Our cabin was on the other side of the hump from 8600. Here's a picture of the balcony. The "hump" location is great but the balcony is triangle shaped and a little on the small side. At the narrowest it's as wide as the chair and only a little bit wider at the widest part. If you could change cabin locations within the same category you would have a bigger balcony. When you look at the deck plans you can see the shape.

You still have lot's of time before your wonderful cruise so, if you want to change locations, I'm sure something else will be available. If not, you'll still enjoy the "hump" location and your balcony. I don't mean to discourage you but I had the same thoughts before our cruise. Calls to RCI assured me that the balcony was the same square footage as the others in that category...........which it isn't.

340970178uteIIl_ph.jpg

Thanks for the kind words again!

My guess is we will do exactly that - just stay put. I was all excited, we had $500 in g/c from Citibank but I just found out b/c we booked through our TA, we can't use those g/c after all. (#)%) people. What good are they then!?!?

I love buying art...I'm sure we'll find some way to get put the extra $$ to good use. If anything, I can always enjoy a spa treatment!!;)

Upgrade & Diamond Plus as that is the only member class that the upgrade fairy visits.

We are Diamond with a key account agent & a corner AFT on 9 is the best we get, which we love. Still a D1 but better locale from a side.

Are you serious!? I can't believe they only upgrade those folks...what a waste. <sigh> I would think you would want to upgrade other "levels" as well to induce people to travel more, and get higher grades, and spend more money!

Ack, people.

We've never had a visit from the upgrade fairy but have cruised with others who have. In 2004 our friends did a "guarantee Q" and got a balcony. What a deal!!! I've another friends who was upgraded from a balcony to a JS. Our August Radiance of the Seas cruise will be our 16th on RCI and no upgrade for us. Would love to know how the "upgrade fairy" works.

Archived