Renee for snorkling

Chris

We tried to schedule Renee when we were there in February but she had surgery and couldn't make it. My wife and a couple of friends wanted to go snorkeling with her while I was scuba diving. They didn't know that Renee couldn't make it until they got off the ship to meet her and she had someone meet them and cancel for her. They were left without any snorkeling plans.

They asked a security guard if he knew where they could snorkel and he said that he heard that airport beach was good. It was a $10 taxi ride one way. They made arrangements with the driver to return and pick them up at a desginated time.

My wife said it was the best snorkeling of our entire 14 day cruise, and perhaps the best of our 11 cruises.

Some of her photos are posted online. Go to:

http://www.sunfield.smugmug.com

Select Cruise 2006

Select Bonaire Snorkeling

They ended up paying $20 round trip for the cab, but had planned on $25 each with Renee, so for the 3 of them they saved $55.

The snorkeling pictures in Bonaire were taken by my wife and she uses a Canon A95, 5MP camera in a Canon underwater housing. The Bonaire scuba pictures were taken by me and I use an Olympus C5050, a 5MP camera in an Olympus underwater housing. I also use an Inon D2000 strobe.

I went scuba diving in St. Lucia, St. Vincent and Bonaire, so any snorkeling pictures on those islands were taken by my wife. In other ports I went snorkeling with her so the pictures are a combination of both of our efforts.

Just got a Canon Powershot 6 megapixals (ELPH) and love it. Just came back from the Crown (last week!) but used a disposable camera. I'll now be buying an underwaterhousing for the Canon. Did you get yours online?

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

Aiport Beach is right where it says it is, right at the airport. My wife and friends made arrangements with the cab driver to pick them up at a designated return time and he was there - early. They did not have a problem with getting back on time. If the cab driver didn't show, it is a reasonable walk back to the ship.

Go to the website I listed above and you'll see the ship in a photo my wife took from airport beach.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We will be in Bonaire in December from 7am to 2pm. How do I get in touch with Renee to book a snorkling trip? I am alittle concened about making it back to the ship if we go off on our own but we hate paying the cruise tour prices. Airport beach sounds wonderful also and the pictures were great.:)

• 1 month later...

Charlene,

Looks like we have the same tour booked on the same day as you.

I don't think I've said "hello" to you yet from roll call, so "HELLO". LOL

What time is your excursion with Renee?

We are meeting her at 2:30 for the 2 stop snorkel.

See you in just 3 more weeks.

Susan

That's great to hear! We're booked for a two stop snorkel tour with her in April :)

• 9 months later...

We just returned from a 10 day on the Emerald Princess. While in Bonaire we snorkeled with Renee. I would recommend her for experienced snorkelers - she is all business - and very knowledgable and great and finding different fish/corals. We were picked up right outside the gate on time. We were taken to our first snorkel spot that was both shallow and deeper. Renee would find something and yell "you hoo" then she would dive down and point until you saw what she was showing you. Then she'd surface and tell you what it was you just saw. I loved this as I have a salt water tank and was familiar with many of the fish and she was able to help me find fish mating and eggs. On the other hand, my husband just wanted to snorkel and look and he found the constant "you - hooing" to be a pain and eventually chose to just keep snorkeling on his own instead of the constant up and down.

After about 45 minutes we went to the second spot - it too was great. We saw 2 spotted eels, a snake eel, a 17" puffer fish, a flounder and too numerous to mention other tropical fish. We've snorkeled throughout the Caribbean and Bonaire was like putting your head in to a fish tank...by far the best we've ever experienced.

Any questions- just ask.

Snorkeled with her on January 1 of this year! Same experience as OP - we did see a spotted eagle ray - apparently very rare as they prefer sandy bottoms!

The two spots we snorkeled from were from the beach. Actually the first was a beach and we did shallow and deeper snorkels, and the second spot was in town at the marina... and it was amazing!!

Highly recommed her!

MC

The two spots we snorkeled from were from the beach. Actually the first was a beach and we did shallow and deeper snorkels, and the second spot was in town at the marina... and it was amazing!!

Highly recommed her!

MC

Can you remember where the marina was ? I snorkled there with Renee and wished I took notes of where it was.

The marina was just to the left (when gettig off the ship) of the ship along the waterfront. There were a few cement steps to get in to the water. Both stops were from shore. Sorry I can't remember more specifics about the second spot - can tell you I would never have picked them on my own. She snorkels all over the island and told me that these two spots consistently have great things to see.

It looks like Lidolounger and I did the same route!!

The marina was in fact to the left of the ship, past the 'downtown' market. Probably a 15 minute walk from the pier. You'll past the artisan market, and a few restaurants and bars on ocean front. It's true that I would have never thought of snorkeling there... but we did see amazing sea life (along with many beer bottles... it was January 1st afterall!!).

MC

Archived