Warning! Warning! About Poh

dbolling1957

Okay, Okay; bed bugs; left over belongings (or was it passengers); dirt; scraping chairs; slamming cupboards; wading pools (or, was it just plain kids); speakers on the ceiling (have I left anything/anybody out)? :eek:

I'm booked in September and November.....:rolleyes:

NOTE TO SELF: "Don't forget the ear plugs and valium"!!! :o

Okay, Okay; bed bugs; left over belongings (or was it passengers); dirt; scraping chairs; slamming cupboards; wading pools (or, was it just plain kids); speakers on the ceiling (have I left anything/anybody out)? :eek:

How about the amorous couple next door? :eek: :p :D :)

Here's an absolutely hysterical thread from the Royal Caribbean Board on that very topic: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=325504

Richtersl: That thread you sent me to was hilarious! I would simply tell them the truth and watch them squirm (since I got to hear it, I might as well watch it)!

Wait! I forgot to mention; Mr. White (I think this was an inference to The Daily Planet); panic; libraries; accurate people; amorous people and the very best of all! QUIET PARTS OF THE SHIP! :confused:

RESOLUTION: Ya want to snooze, don't take a cruise! You want "quiet parts", see your local mortitian.

Although, some of my best naps have been on a cruise, you know, that "rocking" thing! I'm such a baby! :D

Richtersal, that is the funniest thread I've read!:p Especially the part about recording it and playing it back in the morning on a boom box or in the disco!!!!! ha,ha,ha!!!!! If you video taped their reaction I'm sure it would win on Funniest American Videos....that is IF it could get on the air!:D

Thank you for the warning - we were thinking about this ship for June 2007 family cruise and an AB suite- will definitely request starboard side where library is!:)

Where the library is! Thanks, that's a great idea!!!! that has got to be the quietest part of the ship, unless they got a morgue, ha,ha,ha!!!!:D

If you video taped their reaction I'm sure it would win on Funniest American Videos....that is IF it could get on the air!:D

Oh, I bet about half the people present would have that reaction!!! I know I get sorta frisky on a cruise. ;)

-Monte

DH and I just booked the Pearl for April and before reserving I checked out the deck plans very carefully. We're in an AB so I pulled up Deck 11 and Deck 12, put them side by side on my computer screen and realized that the cabin I wanted was "TA DA" - directly under the fitness center:eek: . Jumped on over to the NCL web site to see what other AB's were available and booked one directly underneath the library! As I told a friend of mine, there's usually not too much heavy action in the library and DH and I would have the quiet location we wanted.

Always check the deck plans and then you avoid unpleasant surprises. Don't trust your TA, trust yourself!:p

Please do not get an upgrade to, or try to get Penthouse 11524. This paticular cabin is directly underneath the Fitness Center on Deck 12. Every morning starting at 6:00 a.m., various guys weightlift with dumbbells, and let them drop on the floor. Throughout the morning, up until around 11:00 p.m., there are constant loud thumping noises. A nap during the day would be impossible.

Different officers in charge at the Reception Desk say thay they can't move the barbells somewhere else, nor stop anyone from lifting since the fitness center is open 24 hours. All I was able to do was to call the Reception Desk and have them contact Security, who would try to stop the excessive noise when they had time to respond.

At various times, the noise had gotten so bad that people on the 10th floor also heard the noise.

:eek: thanks for the heads up...you would think they would have a storage room or something directly under the fitness center.

Archived