Dressing on Queen Victoria

highcbob

Looking at another post here "formal nights on QE2" I started thinking ( and please don't get on my case about QV will be no QE2 - I know that ) since QM2 dress standards are not as upheld as they are on QE2 ) do you think that "Victoria" will be the more dressier of the two sisters once QE2 has left us?

Bob.

well, do you?

Looking at another post here "formal nights on QE2" I started thinking ( and please don't get on my case about QV will be no QE2 - I know that ) since QM2 dress standards are not as upheld as they are on QE2 ) do you think that "Victoria" will be the more dressier of the two sisters once QE2 has left us?

Bob.

well, do you?

Once QE2 "has left us"? We don't know what you are talking about...:rolleyes:

Do you think that "Victoria" will be the more dressier of the two sisters once QE2 has left us?

No - there'll just be two unglamourous ships with people wearing the "J" word everywhere:D

Thanks Pepper

I didn't realise jeans were such a no no! must pack extra, always like to be controvertial;)

Hi SSNORWAY

And me, I like the look on some people's faces, shock, horror! Such fun.

Very best wishes

I didn't realise jeans were such a no no!

l recall doing a 7 day cruise with MSC on the melody last year, and they were very insistant on NO RAGGY JEANS !!! it was stated in the info pack ,in fact their dress code was so relaxed it didnt exist. It was l must admit a huge culture shock going from Cunard to MSC, BUT totally different!!! Asked the Captain at the midnight buffet of a possibility of a bridge visit? and was most surprised when he said Yes!!! come up when you want, he hasnt been asked in years for one of those and was only to pleased to show me round, the fact that l was a walking QE2 advert was by the way.

(and yes l know lm way of topic here!!!!!)

but off on QE2 next week and already quite excitable

cheers

Myles

l recall doing a 7 day cruise with MSC on the melody last year, and they were very insistant on NO RAGGY JEANS !!! it was stated in the info pack ,in fact their dress code was so relaxed it didnt exist. It was l must admit a huge culture shock going from Cunard to MSC, BUT totally different!!! Asked the Captain at the midnight buffet of a possibility of a bridge visit? and was most surprised when he said Yes!!! come up when you want, he hasnt been asked in years for one of those and was only to pleased to show me round, the fact that l was a walking QE2 advert was by the way.

(and yes l know lm way of topic here!!!!!)

but off on QE2 next week and already quite excitable

cheers

Myles

Hi Myles

Have a great time, i'm really jealous these last two weeks are going to go slower than the last two months since I booked it, I cant wait for mine either.

You will be on at the same time as Karen, have you exchanged messages? she is on for two weeks and has threatened to steal my table the second week to deprive me from watching everyone fall down the only step on the ship, how spiteful is that?

Enjoy the fun

Mark

I think the QV will be about as dressy as the QM2. For better or worse. As classy as the QE2 is, and as excited I am to be able to travel on her next year, the days of QE2-style travelling is fizzling out. Whether we like to hear that or not.

Still I think overall Cunard will be at the higher end of the mass market lines in terms of dress code and will continue to hold onto formality in some forms.

We could always start a discussion about the "S" word:D

(Steerage)

Only upon the pain of death!:D

Proud to eat in the Britannia on the QM2 under the two deck tapestry with thousands of my friends.

Although still trying to figure out what the heck Caronia is all about but still doing it in 2007! Upper S class? :)

David

Only upon the pain of death!:D

Proud to eat in the Britannia on the QM2 under the two deck tapestry with thousands of my friends.

Although still trying to figure out what the heck Caronia is all about but still doing it in 2007! Upper S class? :)

David

I'm with you on that one, always done steerage and had better food and service with Cunard than any of the other lines I have tried (though look what i've been on, it's not surprising really!!)

Having said all that I am doing QG in 2 weeks, then my next two are "s" again so I hope it doesn't spoil me!

Proud to eat in the Britannia on the QM2

I'm proud to say that I've eaten in every public restaurant on the ship - although more ofter in Mauretania then QG.

Having said all that I am doing QG in 2 weeks, then my next two are "s" again so I hope it doesn't spoil me!

I don't think that it will - the hardest part is eating a good meal downstairs and knowing what's going on upstairs without being able to go there:(

I think that the numerous post and threads on the Cunard board tend to reflect a certain attitude that is not seen on other lines. Obviously, Cunard is not like other lines and that is what makes it so great. Clearly, jeans on any sort of a formal night (whether this be on a Cunard ship or any other type of formal function ) is not appropriate, but if it is during the day or the atmosphers is causal, who cares? I would much rather see men in jeans than see them in short shorts with some designer sandals on.

Point being is that people have their own style and as long as they are not bothering others or being rude, then what is the problem? The point is that you are one of the most luxurios ships in the world and you are getting all worked up over a pair of jeans.

Cunard ships are full of people from different walks of life and different cultures so lets not be so judgemental.

I was always taught a few things.

1) Be resepectfull toward people and especially elders

2) Don't impose or be rude to others

3) There is no need to talk so loud that people 20 ft way hear your conversation.

JMHO

Archived