Grandeur - 9 Night Cruise Questions

We have gotten mixed answers on this one, but here goes. What nights are the formal nights on the 9 night cruise? According to our RCCL rep, they are nights 2 & 5, which would be our first day at sea and then the day we arein Cozumel. Our ports got changed a bit on this cruise. We are going Miami instead of the Bahamas on the August 18th sailing. Also if anyone has the newsletters that they have on the pillows everynight and can fax them to me or email them I'd appreciate it. Also I am hearing rumours that they have started to swap out the beds on the ship but are starting from the lower decks. Has anyone been on the ship recently and is that true?

Thanks in advance. We are leaving 4 weeks from today. YEAH!

-DEM920

tdembek@optonline.net

I just got back on July 16th, and the formal nights were the first Saturday, and Thursday night (the night before Pt. Canaveral.) Both are at sea days.

We were on Deck 8 in a JS, and we had horrible bedding, but as we were disembarking in Baltimore on Sunday, we had to go down to deck 2, and they had all of the doors open. Lo and behold, all of the lowers on Deck two (that we saw) had nice big, cushy, pillowtop mattresses!! (Uppers still had the bunk bed foam type mattresses.

Would love to help you with the compasses, but my daughter made a scrapbook, and cut them to shreads. If you have any questions though, I'd be happy to help you out;) !

By the way, embarkation, and debarkation in Baltimore was probably the best I've ever been through. If you get there around 11:00AM, you'll be on the ship in 15-20 minutes!

Take Care,

Jaime

We were on Deck 8 in a JS, and we had horrible bedding, but as we were disembarking in Baltimore on Sunday, we had to go down to deck 2, and they had all of the doors open. Lo and behold, all of the lowers on Deck two (that we saw) had nice big, cushy, pillowtop mattresses!! (Uppers still had the bunk bed foam type mattresses.

Sorry you had the old bedding, but this is the first I've heard that they were swapping it out now. An earlier schedule I saw said it wasn't until much later, I think early next year. Cool!

Theron

If I would have seen those big, thick matresses on the day of embarkation, vs. the day I was leaving, I would have tried to sneak one up to my room!!:D

By seeing them on the lower beds (white 9-10" pillowtops) vs. the uppers (light blue "bunkies".....thin foam ), you could tell these matresses were not the same on each. I didn't see anything resembling new bed spreads or anything like that though. (My daughter and I just stopped and looked longingly in those tiny rooms at those matresses after the 9 nights we'd spent on the "Bunkie" matresses!)

Hopefully they are swapping stuff out a bit at a time, and will have the whole ship complete in April. Some of the matresses through the ship are horrid!

I'll be back on the Grandeur in October, and then hopefully in November 2007 for the repositioning (our 25th wedding anniversary!) I've already requested a mattress topper for October just in case I get another mattress with valleys and crevices again....YIKES!

Take Care,

Jaime

Jamie,

I have to agree with you.. the embarkation and debarkation was very easy.. we got there around 11:00 AM and were on the ship in 20 minutes.. it was fast and easy.. our beds were horrible.. and we did ask for an egg crate several times and were told it had to be pre ordered.. which my TA did do.. anyway.. that's water under the bridge.. we had a great time anyway..

Archived