Anyone Have Pix of the Missing Slide on the Pride?

MrPete

As of the May 28th sailing of Carnival Pride, there wasn't anything to photograph.

You could see the outline on the Sun Deck aft where the "pool" used to be, and you could see some structural supports. But if you didn't know that there was supposed to be a slide there, you wouldn't have given the telltale indications a second thought.

My understanding is that the issue affects only the first two Spirit class ships and that it was corrected by the time Carnival Miracle and Carnival Legend were built. Given the fact that both Carnival Pride and Carnival Spirit are used almost exclusively (with the exception of the Hawaii run) in the Alaskan Current, or right near by it, Carnival probably doesn't see an urgent need to fix them.

But that's what I'd like to see.

Ya know the chalk lines they put around dead bodies that remains after they're removed?

Well there was a caulk line around the spot where the pool was removed. And it was roped off. (They would have used crime scene tape but that wouldn't hold up in 30+ kt winds.)

No pix so you'll have to do the Barney thing and "just imagine."

Given the fact that both Carnival Pride and Carnival Spirit are used almost exclusively (with the exception of the Hawaii run) in the Alaskan Current, or right near by it,

Am I missing something here, I thought that the Pride was exclusive to the Mexican Riviera year round? The only reason I am asking is cuz I had no idea Carnival was using more than one ship in Alaska

-Mike

Am I missing something here, I thought that the Pride was exclusive to the Mexican Riviera year round? The only reason I am asking is cuz I had no idea Carnival was using more than one ship in Alaska

-Mike

Nope. Did'nt miss a thing. You are correct. The Pride is exclusive to the Mexican Riviera. The Spirit splits itineraries. It sails Alaska during the Summer and Hawaii during the winter. No other Carnival ships are in Alaska.

(source. current Carnival catalog, website)

Sorry if this is common knowledge but was there a problem with the slide or something? Just wondering why it would be removed.

The issue was explained a long time ago, but from what I understood, the slide had a design issue, so when people landed in the landing area, it wouldn't stop them enough, and some people were getting injured.

-Mike

It's true that only Carnival Spirit goes to Alaska, however the Alaskan Current flows Southeastwardly down the Pacific Coast past California until it peters out around Cabo. It's a current of very cold water. It's what keeps the West Coast waters so cold. (I think 70F is about the warmest you can expect in exposed areas. And that might be for a few days in August.)

Carnival Pride spends a lot of its time in it and Paradise never leaves it.

I was on the Pride last week and they were working on getting the new slide installed. When I have a chance I will post my pictures of the construction. Unfortunately they were not allowing anyone near that area of the ship, so my pictures are taken from the aft pool deck.

It's true that only Carnival Spirit goes to Alaska, however the Alaskan Current flows Southeastwardly down the Pacific Coast past California until it peters out around Cabo. It's a current of very cold water. It's what keeps the West Coast waters so cold. (I think 70F is about the warmest you can expect in exposed areas. And that might be for a few days in August.)

Carnival Pride spends a lot of its time in it and Paradise never leaves it.

Well, when I went on my cruise, I did use the slide, I found it fun, and so did the hubby. Neither of us were injured in any way, but we are not lightweights, so gravity helped us stop :p . The water was always enjoyable, even in late September/early October, both on ship and in port...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived