People who are between 30 yrs and 40 yrs help

DH and I are 36 and 32 and are planning on going on the Spirit next July will we have fun. We live in NYC and love to party and hang out together. Will we have a good time with NCL

Maybe..maybe not keep asking until you get the right answer, you seem to ask the exact same question in a few different threads??

NCL is great .. my DH is 30 ( almost : ) and im 28 . we loved NCL

it was our favorite cruise. we loved the entertainment, the mix of ages on board... a cruise we went on on another line, was all older people, no offense to anyone , but the ship was dead at 9pm,

NCL is very nice, and the freestyle dining was a big plus.

they have a live band by the pool between certain hours. reggae. etc.. and every night in the nightclubs theres different themes, like disco night, etc, you will have a great time, we liked NCL better than carnival. the crowd was much nicer, and alot to do like on most cruises, but people stay up late to hang out, : )

have a great cruise ...

take care

melissa

Having a good time is no one's responsibility but your own. If you don't go out looking for a fun you won't find it.

We just took a cruise with the "walking dead" (out of 2000 passengers only 385 were under the age of 50 and I bet the average age was about 70-75 and maybe even older) and we still had fun. We talked to the CD about putting some "younger" activities into the schedule, we met up with some very nice older people who could actually party harder than us some nights, we met some great younger people (35's-45's) on board and had a blast. Like I said...it's up to you to make it a good time, no one else.

Though we are older than the original question asked, I have not found that age has alot to do with what is going on. Other than the extremes (kids and barely able to walk without a walker).

You might want to join ROLL CALL for your cruise to meet some others, but will find that age is relative.

I agree with Gary - I think age is relative. We're in the age demographic that you asked about but since our tastes/likes/dislikes are all different, I don't know how you can say that if one 30-40 y.o liked the cruise, that YOU'll like the cruise. We've generally had a great time with people from all age groups on our cruises before. A cruise is what you make of it!

Spleen

NCL is great .. my DH is 30 ( almost : ) and im 28 . we loved NCL

it was our favorite cruise. we loved the entertainment, the mix of ages on board... a cruise we went on on another line, was all older people, no offense to anyone , but the ship was dead at 9pm,

NCL is very nice, and the freestyle dining was a big plus.

they have a live band by the pool between certain hours. reggae. etc.. and every night in the nightclubs theres different themes, like disco night, etc, you will have a great time, we liked NCL better than carnival. the crowd was much nicer, and alot to do like on most cruises, but people stay up late to hang out, : )

have a great cruise ...

take care

melissa

Thank you Melissa,

I feel better now. If you don't mind please keep your advice for this newbie coming

• 4 weeks later...

Been on Carnival, RCCL, and NCL...I'm from NY, originally from Miami...if you are into the music on the ship, I noticed that the departure city has a lot to do with the type of music that will be showcased...Miami itineraries have a lot of latin dance music (salsa, merengue) while an itinerary out of New Orleans included a lot of country music...Out of NY you should get more of a mix, I would think, of everything...I think all cruise lines have the potential for the "party" atmosphere that you seek, it really is up to you and your cruise mates...You will probably get more people your age on a NY cruise, as compared to an Alaskan cruise which will be older, demographically. Also, RCCL, NCL and Carnival are all in the Contemporary category, which are less expensive than Premium class lines such as Celebrity, Princess, etc. Since they are more affordable, you will see a younger crowd on these ships...IMHO...you will have fun, you'll see...I had to wait till my husband got toasted to get him to dance salsa with me, but he doesn't remember!

Hi, we are in our 30's and took an NCL cruise 2 years go with our kids, it was awesome, we partied with our kids in the club and there were every age mix on the ship, we had a blast!!! The older folks loved our kids and we enjoyed their company, we also met some people our age, so it was awesome!!!!! Enjoy, you'll LOVE NCL!

Leah

Archived