Millenium Medite.- schedule flight departure

gonma

Hi! I'm planning my next cruise on the Millenium roundtrip Barcelona for 2007. The schedule says the millenium arrives at 5:00am. The flight I'm looking for departs Barcelona at 9:55am, do I have time to make it? Since it's my first time, I'm scared of customs, taxi to airport, airport security, etc.

Thanks for your help!

You will not make that flight. There are things that delay the arrival of ships, then the local Immigration officals have to clear the ship, all the bags have to be off loaded, and then comes the heavy security at the airport. Nothing before noon should be booked, unless the ship has an overnight, like it does on the reverse schedule and ends in Venice.

If disembarkation is anything like it was in Venice on July 13, DO NOT DO IT. We had a fabulous cruise but disembarkation was a complete mess, reported at 7:40 AM as scheduled and were taken to the airport at 10 AM.

I would suggest booking a flight out no later than noon.

Our disembarkation in BCN was easy, but....the traffic from port to airport, especially on a week day, is ferocious. It's especially bad getting out of downtown. No point in ending a lovely cruise with a bad, rushed trip to the crowded airport. Agree with booking early afternoon. If you're lucky and get to the airport early, there are lots of nice shops and eating places to east the wait.

Archived