Opinions on this dress please

Whimsy

Hello everyone. I lurk on the fashion board so I hope you don't mind me jumping in with a question.

We will be on the Caribbean Princess in October and I have been considering buying this dress or something similar for wearing in the dining room on one of the casual nights. Do you think this is too casual? I thought maybe it would be great for the Caribbean themed night.

purpleprints1.jpg

Thanks for your opinions!

I can't speak for Princess but for Holland America Line that dress would be perfect for a Caribbean themed night.

It's a lovely dress and if you ever go to Hawaii it would be perfect for there also.

Valerie:)

1. ANYONE can post questions here. Do not apologize for something so wonderful as a fashion question!

2. I totally want that dress for my next Princess cruise!! It's totally appropriate!

Oh and I FROZE on the Crown! They keep the air conditioner at 2 degrees Kelvin (yes, that is an exaggeration). the gift shops sell pretty wraps for ten dollars each. I bought two. I am sure they keep it that cold to sell wraps!

Thank you all for your imput. I really appreciate your feedback. I am emailing the seller back and forth tonight as she says she has some of these type of dresses in shorter lengths as I am only 5 foot. I really would love to have one with the scenery print on the bottom if she has any in petites. If any of you are interested here is a link to this seller on ebay. I think the price is wonderful for these dresses. I am going to order one to check out the quality.

http://stores.ebay.com/Exotic-5-Star

Nliedel, I am so glad to hear you are thinking of your next cruise. This means you aren't scared of crusing again after your experience on the Crown. I'm so sorry you had to go thru that but I am glad you have a positive outlook. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I bought one of these dresses for our upcoming cruise and I LOVE it! It is great quality and makes me feel great. I am a plus-sized gal and it fits me where it should and has a nice full skirt.

Janis

Wonderful!

Enjoy your cruise and take lots of pictures of you in your beautiful dress!

~e

all end up on the same cruise!! After hearing the positive review from another plus-size poster (thanks mommycruises), I ordered two of this seller's dresses! They seem perfect for casual nights at dinner.

Cindi

Do you think they would work okay on someone who is not plus-sized? I know the description says they fit from size Medium to 3X on some of the dresses, but do you really think it would work on someone who is a medium? I think the dresses are really pretty and would love to wear one for a casual dinner but I am afraid to buy one if it is going to look like it is made to stretch to a 3X. So, I guess what I'm asking is, how does it look when it is "un-stretched". I don't want it to be too bulky looking. I'd love an opinion from someone who already has their dress! Thank you!!! :D

I think it would work good for a medium person, too. I got my dress out and it doesn't look bulky or anything without being stretched, Bonnie. These dresses are so light and comfortable! ;)

Janis

I can send you a pic of it unstretched if you want.

Do you think they would work okay on someone who is not plus-sized? I know the description says they fit from size Medium to 3X on some of the dresses, but do you really think it would work on someone who is a medium? I think the dresses are really pretty and would love to wear one for a casual dinner but I am afraid to buy one if it is going to look like it is made to stretch to a 3X. So, I guess what I'm asking is, how does it look when it is "un-stretched". I don't want it to be too bulky looking. I'd love an opinion from someone who already has their dress! Thank you!!! :D

The large print will make you look much larger than you really are. If that doesn't bother you, the shape of the dress will be fine unstretched.

Hello ladies,

I love the dress. It fits the occasion.

However, I have tried some dresses like the one above, and due to Dolly Parton (no, I'm not THAT HUGE!) I look like I'm preggers!

I would love to wear it!!

Have a wonderful cruise.

The large print will make you look much larger than you really are. If that doesn't bother you, the shape of the dress will be fine unstretched.

I'm fairly tall (5'8") and I love bright, tropical prints, so I don't think the size of the print will bother me. I just don't want too much excess gathering of the fabric to make me look shapeless or as cruzzer pointed out...pregnant.

Another question, is the fabric so light that it would require a slip underneath?

Thanks again!

Archived