Private Excursions: Need a name

Diesel Dog

I will be in Tortola for 1 day, on a Spirit 8 day cruise. I read somewhere on this board that someone had taken a private excursion to Virgin Gorda Baths. I looked into this and could not find a private excursion on Wednesday, the only day in Tortola. I looked into Panoche (?) and they do not do Baths 1/2 day on Wednesdays. Any suggestions other than booking through NCL?

Has anyone been to Norman Island, and is NCL Excursion to Norman Island good for snorkeling and hanging out on the beach (DW only likes beach, no snorkeling for her).

Thank you for any help

Diesel

Email Patchoue and confirm that they do not have a ½ day to the baths. I am sailing on the 8 day Spirit Sept 30th and I emailed them. They were able to do a half day tour. They said it was $60 and Im getting a 20% college student discount. They also offer a 10% discount if you book ahead. They are very helpful.

• 3 weeks later...
I will be in Tortola for 1 day, on a Spirit 8 day cruise. I read somewhere on this board that someone had taken a private excursion to Virgin Gorda Baths. I looked into this and could not find a private excursion on Wednesday, the only day in Tortola. I looked into Panoche (?) and they do not do Baths 1/2 day on Wednesdays. Any suggestions other than booking through NCL?

Has anyone been to Norman Island, and is NCL Excursion to Norman Island good for snorkeling and hanging out on the beach (DW only likes beach, no snorkeling for her).

Thank you for any help

Diesel

http://www.normanisland.com/info.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Diesel

Diesel, in March DW and I were on the NCL Dawn and signed up for the Baths excursion. In talking to the girl at the excursions desk, we changed to the Norman Island snorkel trip (because we were more interested in snorkeling than anything else), and it was some of the best snorkeling I have done anywhere. Unfortunately, the boat doesn't go near land, but there were some people on our excursion who just hung out on the boat and got sun. When we went, I don't think there was more than this one excursion to Norman Island and the Indians, so I think you would be thrilled, and your wife less so if you went on that excursion.

Hope this helps!

Keep Smiling!!!

Archived