Just Back from the Enchantment

Momma,

The ship tenders are actually lifeboats, serving double-duty.

T

I did realize that. But I was a little startled to notice that it was the boats that are used for tendering on a regular basis. Especially considering I will be using one of those tenders in a couple of weeks.

I hope to not be in need of a lifeboat though. :)

Maybe I'll stay on the ship in Belize and hope we get to use the dock in Cozumel - so no tendering will be needed.

Of course my big ship could tip sideways without warning so what am I worried about? :D

I CAN swim!

It is my understanding that life boats are not ALWAYS used as tenders. Just as needed.

A~

You are right. Almost all of the lifeboats are never used as tenders. What was meant is that all tenders are used as lifeboats....should the need ever arise that the lifeboats are needed.

If the ship was burning down, no one would say, "oh no, we can't use these, they are tenders only.". :) See what I mean?

My fave ship to date is the Navigator. The Royal Promenade is to die for!! I'm sailing the Enchantment at the end of August & looking forward to it. Thanks for the positive feedback.

Barbara from Philly

You might want to check out this thread. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=388216 The ship may or may not be sailing then. Small fire on Enchantment might have it in wet dock for a week or two.

Archived