Carnival Legend Tortola excursion

JOANN226

Has anyone gone to the baths doing there own excursion, also if you have taken it from Carnival how far is the Ferry from the dock, how was the Ferry ride, was it worth it to go to the baths. Thanks

Yes you need to go to the baths it is beautiful I have been there 2 times. The ferry will pick you up right at the ship.Then you will have a really nice ride to virgin gorda where you will then get onto a bus that will carrie you to the baths . but be aware there is a pretty rough walk down to the baths it is down a trail that is kinda rough but not bad if you have no health issues. you can even go through caves over to another part that is really pretty . You question is it worth it To me yes I will go back again. There is not much to do in tortola but the baths are great have a great cruise James

We did it on our own. The ferry is about 1/2 mile from the port it is not a bad walk but you can get a taxi for a few dollars. You have to use Speedy's because the other ferry (Smith's) the time does not work. I believe Speedy's was $32 dollars per person which included the taxi to the bath's (the ship want $84 each I think). The ferry ride was very nice not rough at all and very scenic, I would sit on the top deck for a good view. Yes the Bath's are worth seeing. One tip is when you get to the Bath's (it's a park and cost $4 each to enter) there is a path directly in front of you and it will take you to a beach that is good for snorkeling (most tourist go this way). There is another path to the left that takes you to a beautiful white beach that has a sandy bottom in the ocean. Ypu can walk from one beach to the other through what they call the caves which is actually big rocks leaning on each other. The whole thing is a little physical but not bad at all.

Absolutely worth going ... probably favorite excursion spot ever. Good description by vinnie of what's involved. One suggestion ... just make sure you hold onto your return ticket ... or you'll be paying again. Make sure you know the return schedule, also. There's a cute bar/grill at the rocky beach with a covered picnic area.

The Baths are truly incredible. Great fun to explore. When we were there there was a high surf, so didn't get to snorkle .. but had tons of fun anyway playing in the waves and climbing thru the "caves".

Gatorclaw posted a link to a slide show he did of his cruise, which included an excursion to Virgin Gorda (link is below). There's a link at the site for a slide show chapter that takes you straight to the Virgin Gorda excursion. It was well done and gives a great idea of what's it's like. We went there on a ship's excursion (another cruise line) and loved it.

)

Archived