Kunas in Croatia

Everyone advises not to get too many Kunas when arriving in Croatia as you will be stuck with whatever you don't use. My question is, how many would be necessary to have a nice lunch and perhaps a few beers for two people? Would the shops take credit cards for souvenier purchases or would you have to pay in Kunas? Thanks

Actually, they happily accepted Euros when we were there. That made it easier on us - we used Euros throughout Europe.

Fran

That was our experience also. We did get some kunas for admission to the wall, and used the rest for lunch. We were running close to using them all for lunch, so I asked if they took euros before ordering a beer. No problem with the euros, so a beer it was! :D Also bought some souvenirs with euros.

Just wanted to reiterate what most everyone has said.

We just used Euros and credit card.

We took the complimentary bus from the pier to the downtown area. We paid Euros to entered the walled city.

In stores, we used credit cards.

Wasn't worth the cost to exchange money for the local currency and we had the euros since they were needed for the other ports that we visited.

Keith

We are on the Millenium arrivng in early September. Do you walk from the pier to the old city? Is there a free shuttle and if so, is there a long wait? From the map I see a beach not far from the walled city. Is this a public beach and can you walk there?

Archived