Not that I want to tick anyone off, but what is up with RC food

I have to say if thats the case it's not a problem with Rici's food. It's a problem with people being to darn picky.

There are always many options and if you can't find one you will enjoy thats not the cruise lines fault.

I am not picky at all. It is the cruise line's fault if the food is bad. Yes, they have many options, you just have to pick the lesser of two evils.

wrp96...Thanks for the info. Yes, I make sure the TA tells the cruise line and then I call and write ahead of time myself as well. But it is like anything. The cruise lines say one thing and then it is up to the head chef, maitre'd, and head waiter to make it happen. That is where it sometimes fall short of what they say then can do, vs what they actually do.

Well this thread has been an interesting read... having caught the cruise bug after a 10 year lapse.

I will be paying special attention to the food on the nex two cruises that I will be taking. The first cuise we went on ( my DH and I ) was on the Sovereign of the Seas

And from what we can recall the food was excellent and VERY well presented in fact I remember buying their receipe book ( actually was a pack of receipt cards ) and repeating some of the meals when I got home.

Then after a lapse of 10 years from cruising ... we then went on a Princess Cruise - Sapphire Princess 7 days in Feb 2006 and we all felt that the food was just as good as the Royal Caribbean.

We will however confess that as it has been 10 years, it will be interesting to compare the food when we go on the Mariner of Seas October 1 and then the Freedom of the Seas next April 2007.

And post our comments on the board here... however we have gathered reading all threads here that the general consensus is that whilst the standards may of slipped a bit due to cost cutting and perhaps also amongst the other cruise lines. The food overall is relatively good as a whole.

And that it very vary from ship to ship, therefore perhaps RC needs to try and ensure that there is more consistant leve/standardl of food across all

ships.

Nevertheless an interesting thread to follow

Here is what someone posted today from their cruise on NOS that they just returned from:

Food: I have never really been impressed with the food on any cruise in the past. I have always thought that there was a lot of food, but never thought it tasted great. This trip my impression about the food changed drastically. The food on board was amazing! I was very impressed with not only the dining room food but also Portofinos and Chops. The only thing I ate on board that was too gross to eat was the chocolate donuts from Cafe Promenade. They tasted like dinner rolls with hardened chocolate on them. Also, Johnny Rockets was soooooooooo worth the cover charge!

This is our 25th cruise, and we do not cruise just for the food........but in all that time at sea one does have experience with what ships do a better job in the culinary arts department. We do enjoy fine dining and Celebrity has the best we have experienced. Next would be Holland America...followed by Princess and Carnival (almost or maybe a tie here). At the bottom of the heap is RCCL and Costa. RCCL was not always the worst food afloat...in the old days, and maybe to this day, the Nordic Empress (now Empress of the Seas) had very good food. It is a small ship among the giants now. As the size of ships increased, RCCL began to slip a lot in their quality. I've not noticed this in the HAL fleet, but none of them are as big as the RCCL ships have gotten. Thank goodness RCCL did include alternative restaurants....our last cruise on the Navigator (October '05) we ate at the alts 4 nights out of 7, and wished we had dined there 7 out of 7. The dining room stuff was just awful!

When we sailed MAriner the food was the best we ever had.. on sovereign it was good but nit great, on enchantment the food was also very very wonderful... no complaints what so ever and CHOPS was extremely worth the additional cost.

I like the ship food and find it very satisfying and very delicious in all aspects, Rom service breakfast was a delight and everything was cooked to order perfectly. We enjoyed it on our balcony every morning,

We sailed on the Rhapsody on July 23rd and thought the food was absolutely wonderful. The only thing that wasnt great was the hot dog I had one afternoon. the bun was very dry. I took lots of food pictures but I dont know how to put them in here. I would love to show them to you all if someone can tell me how to put my pics on here

Yvonne

Archived