Seward to Anchorage Transfer

KAYEF

When you get on the ship, once the tour office opens, go immediately there and exchange the tickets.

Do remember that the train leaves very early from Seward. We have done back-to-back cruises and Seward is just a transition day for us. But because of the early departtures of the train and buses, we had to be up early as well to have breakfast.

That's GREAT that the train leaves early. Does this mean we would get to the Airport in Anchorage more quickly than if we used the bus

AND

get to see beautiful scenery as well?

Sounds like the "best of both worlds!":)

Thanks.

The buses go directly to the airport - the buses leave Seward around 7 :30 - 8 AM.

The train leaves Seward around 7 AM - but you do not go directly to the airport. You will have to get the bus (HAL's) to go to Edan(I can't remember the exact spelling?) Center to claim your luggage before you go to the airport. That happens on some cruises. On others when there are a lot of train passengers, the luggage will go directly to the airport (via a special truck) and you will be transfered from the train to a bus which will take directly to the airport.

I have heard that this seems to vary.

whoooooooo

that's something I'd not thought about

I thought the train pulled into the airport.........from diagrams of the airport I've seen

Thanks for the info (making the water muddy!!;) )........now, another decision to make.............

I'm tired of all these decisions.:o

The train to Seward from Anchorage is absolutely BREATHTAKING!!!!!!! Train leaves at 6:45AM. I'd suggest getting to depot EARLY to get luggage checked in and to get voucher exchanged for tickets. The bistro car is a great place spend time on the train trip--large viewing windows. Have a glorious Alaskan adventure!

The train leaves from the ship's dock in Seward. The train stops at the airport terminal. You only walk as far as if you had parked in a parking lot. There is an underground tunnel to the terminal. If you have flights you turn one way at the end of the tunnel. If you are going to the city for a hotel you turn another to meet the bus. It's a wonderful system.

whoooooooo

that's something I'd not thought about

I thought the train pulled into the airport.........from diagrams of the airport I've seen

Thanks for the info (making the water muddy!!;) )........now, another decision to make.............

I'm tired of all these decisions.:o

The train now goes directly to the airport, as will your luggage.

The train leaves from the ship's dock in Seward. The train stops at the airport terminal. You only walk as far as if you had parked in a parking lot. There is an underground tunnel to the terminal. If you have flights you turn one way at the end of the tunnel. If you are going to the city for a hotel you turn another to meet the bus. It's a wonderful system.

THANKS for all your information and help!:)

We've been to AK many times, but this is a first...........disembarking in Seward and going up to Anchorage t pick up a rental car for a week on land by ourselves.

Now I'm wondering if we are NOT taking a flight, if our luggage will still be delivered where we can pick it up and NOT put onto a plane.........:confused:

That is a big change in the last few years (2001 - first year HAL had the train). There was a time when the luggage was dropped off at the Edan (?) Center for both the train and the buses. Everyone had to find their luggage and then get the appropriate bus to the airport, hotel, etc.

This really does sound much better that the train goes directly to the airport!!

I am glad to know this update!!

Archived