Proper attire formal dining room?

mdxter

Jeans are not considered appropriate in the dining room at supper. Not sure what you mean by "Polo T shirt" but if it has a collar it should be fine. Yes, there will be people in jeans/shorts and t-shirts. Yes, your jeans probably cost more than my tux. Personally I don't care what anyone wears as long as there's no hair sticking out. Just trying to answer your question as simply as possible.

If you believe that the dining room is a "Formal" dining room would you not also think that one should dress formally? Once you don the jeans and a polo shirt you might as well be eating (not dining) at Mickie D's

As long as the servers sing and dance by no means can the dining room be considered formal.

There is no prohibition against jeans.

Here is Carnival dress code (directly from their website).

Depending on the length of the cruise, either formal dress or casual resort wear is required in the Dining Room. The dress requirement for children is the same. For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido restaurants are open nightly (with the exception of the last evening of the cruise), and have a casual dress code. Formal Wear: tuxedo (optional); suit and tie; sport coat, tie and slacks; evening gown; cocktail dress; pantsuit Casual Resort Wear: sport shirts and slacks; dresses; skirts; pantsuit NOTE: Shorts, t-shirts and bathing attire are not permitted in the Dining Room during dinner.

As you can see, Carnival doesn't mention jeans in their dress code. Since it is not banned (as shorts and bathing attire are), I think a nice pair of jeans (no holes, etc) are accepted in the dinning rooms but lots of people don't like to see jeans in the dinning rooms so you can get ''looks''.

Personnally, I wouldn't wear blues jeans but if you have clean neat jeans that you want to wear, I don't think they can deny you entry in the dinning rooms.

I seem to see the word REQUIRED. "Casual Resort Wear: sport shirts and slacks; dresses; skirts; pantsuit"

It does not list jeans as REQUIRED, it lists slacks.

But again, it's Carnival-"the fun (do whatever you want) ships"

I was just on the Valor 2 weeks ago and the dress code was being inforced. our table was near the enterance and i saw plenty of people get upset when they were denied entry. Everone was dressed very nice, i only saw one women wearing jeans but she had on heels and a nice blouse. on formal night all the men i saw had suits & ties on, the women had a mix of long formals and cocktail dresses on.

G-strings, thongs, gorilla suits, pasties and sleepwear are also not specifically "banned" and if they fit your definition of "resort casual" go for it.

I don't think it's an ''honest'' comment because no one (that I know at least) would wear -strings, thongs, gorilla suits, pasties or sleepwear to a nice land-based restaurant but jeans with a button-down shirts, many would.

I was just on the Valor 2 weeks ago and the dress code was being inforced. our table was near the enterance and i saw plenty of people get upset when they were denied entry. Everone was dressed very nice, i only saw one women wearing jeans but she had on heels and a nice blouse. on formal night all the men i saw had suits & ties on, the women had a mix of long formals and cocktail dresses on.

I think that answers your question. They ALLOW jeans. For people who don't like to SEE jeans in the dinning room, I think it would be better to cruise on cruiselines that list jeans as prohibited in the dinning room (in order to avoid be disapointed by your fellow passengers).

Archived