Water wings

My 5yo son isn't a strong swimmer and would like for him to wear either water wings or a small swim vest in the pools onboard. Are they allowed? I can't remember seeing any kids wearing them on my previous cruise. Thanks for your help.

On our last one, a dad was blowing-up one of those inflatable horses and someone from RC asked him to deflate it, as it wasn't permitted in the pool. At that same time, children were wearing the 'water wings' in the pools.

I would imagine that if it doesn't take up extra space it's okay, but that if it does it's not okay? (Otherwise, maybe people would have their inflatable rafts with attached beer coolers!)

My 5yo son isn't a strong swimmer and would like for him to wear either water wings or a small swim vest in the pools onboard. Are they allowed? I can't remember seeing any kids wearing them on my previous cruise. Thanks for your help.
Seeing that your next cruise is on Freedom of the Seas, your son will probably want to spend most of his time in the H2O Zone. It's a fun place. He won't need the floaties there. However, I would bring them so he can still swim in the pools if he so chooses.

Shoot! If he isnt a good swimmer I would consider investing in a life vest, just in case!

I cannot imagine anyone on RCCL having an issue with water wings or a life vest...

If your son bonked his head and passed out, a life vest would surely keep him from submerging and, thus, GREATLY reduce their potential liability....

Happy Sailing!

Archived