Aruba - DePalm Island

Krazy Kruizers

Hi KK,

Are you looking at "Ticket to Paradise" ?

I have not done this but on my last cruise I talked to more than 1 couple who said "forget it". One couple came back early on their own. I wish I could recall the details but all I remember is to cross that off my list of possible things to do.

That's the one we were looking at.

I found out through another source that the water is all stones and they suggested wearing agua shoes. Neither of us have agua shoes nor are we going to buy them just for one tour - doubt if we would ever use them again.

Thanks for the information.

• 2 weeks later...

I just jumped unto the ports of call board to read about DePalm island. I had seen some pictures on the Princess board where someone was snorkeling in Aruba. When I asked her where it was she said DePalm island and that if I liked to snorkel it was wonderful there.

As far as aqua shoes, you can get them for $6 at Target. We take them on every cruise and have worn them alot.

I've snorkeled at DePalm Island and loved it. The ferry is actually a five minute boat ride from the mainland to the island. You actually could swim it if you didn't have any other gear with you.

If you ever plan on cruising again, buy the aqua shoes. We bought ours from a local scuba dive shop for $35 per pair but they're much more heavy duty than the cheap ones at Target, Wal-Mart, etc. (We've owned the cheap ones too) The soles are much heavier on the more expesive ones and this makes walking in them much nicer.

We use them virtually at every port, mostly because we're usually on some sort of water related excursion at every port, either scuba diving or snorkeling.

• 3 weeks later...

We took he tour off of Destiny. We didn't have aqua socks and we were just fine. The beach is clean white sand. Didn't think the water was very rocky at all. They showed us how to snorkle first and then we took the SNUBA tour. It was great fun. Sort of hard to get the hang of but everyone did well. Restaurant, change rooms, beach chairs and shade, also a water park for the kids.

Archived