Would You Give Up An Aft Balcony For A Sy Guarantee (suite)?

many cruises

We are presently booked in cabin 5185 (VA aft balcony) on the Westerdam, which is supposed to be larger than the other balcony rooms. Our travel agent has asked us if we are interested in an SY Guarantee (suite) for less money than the VA aft balcony. Do you think we should take the chance on a guarantee just because it is a suite? Would like to hear your opinions to help us decide.

It depends on the itinerary. We had an aft (5180) in Alaska on Oosterdam. Got upgraded to an SS. Fought to get our original aft cabin back. In the Caribbean or anywhere that it is hot, hot, hot - I'll take the upgrade and give up the over-size open veranda for one that is covered.. I need the shade and like the larger cabin, especially the bathroom.

While that view from 5185 is wonderful, that SS Suite is so much bigger as well as the bathroom. Plus your balcony will be wider as well. For less moeny I think I might consider it. But then I personally love 5187 and that corner aft cabin. But if I absolutely could not have that I would go for the SY Guarantee.:)

Personally, I'd go for the suite life if it isn't an inside area. I'm very claustrophobic, I need the room.

You may have a different situation, thus examine your options. The first thing I'd do is talk to the carrier in order to find out the size of the suite minus the balcony, then the size of the balcony, and check to see what perks are included with the suite. The location of the suite maybe important. Oh! Many times when you checkout the perks you are given just the things written in the brochure. Ask about the others i.e. private parties, concierge service, free beverages in suite, access to a concierge lounge (if provided on the ship), first formal night perks, etc. Also check out the diagram of both areas on the computer. Suites can be challenging. Sometimes the perks are the deciding factors, since the square footage of the living space may be very similar.

Personally, Ask about the others i.e. private parties, concierge service, free beverages in suite, access to a concierge lounge (if provided on the ship), first formal night perks, etc.

reads to me like you want them to throw in the perks that only go with the ps - sa - sb -sc to be included in the sy guarantee

dont know exactly what yu mean by

"""Personally, I'd go for the suite life if it isn't an inside area. I'm very claustrophobic, I need the room. """

there are no inside suites

Archived