I just want to go....

Jo-Bob

On another cruise!!

My first experience, short 4 night, Vancouver to LA on the Oosterdam. Oh my Lord. Crazy in love with the entire experience. Want to do it again, and again and again. Unbelievable.

Had to repeat next year, of course, due to the 'addictive' nature of my personality.

Next one was 6 nights, same itinerary....yah!! Didn't care what ship...how could they really be that different? Chose an NCL product, which was nothing like the Oosterdam. To be fair, it was still a verrrrrrry nice experience to be watching the ocean from my balcony, drinks...warm fellowship with DH....but still didn't have the magic of "O". (and HAL in general, as I'm gathering....)

We still 'mostly' enjoyed it. Even thought the food was ok... didn't matter!! We were on the ocean....for 6 whole nights!!

So here I am...in the midst of a $200,000 insurance claim, resulting from a sewage backup in my basemen 4 months ago.....life has been put on hold. Wouldn't mind so much if it had been our fault, or even our sewage....but you guessed it.....1.5 ft of raw town sewage filling our basement.....4 months ago...still reeling from the gross-ness of it all. Do I need a cruise??

So here I am sitting, working on my 4th beer and reading/feeling the solid enthusiasm from those fortunate enough to be preparing for and planning their next cruise. Just feeling a little jealous, I suppose.

So here's to fine weather, safe sailing, and all those other warm wishes one sends to others as they embark on a special voyage. Be safe, take care and think of us at home!! (knee deep in crap!!)

Thanks for listening!

Yes, you definitely need a cruise. I know there are times right now that you really wonder if you will ever get everything back to normal, but somehow you will. Then you can get on that ship, RELAX! and have a really wonderful time knowing that you really earned it and the mess is a thing of the past. Hang in there....

Jo Bob,

So I'd heard before that "***t Happens" but I guess for you, it really did.:eek:

Here's hoping that all is back to normal PDQ, and that you are looking out onto some sea, somewhere, ASAP. :)

We can appreciate your distress as we experienced 3 hurricanes in about 14 months and took damage from each...at least we weren't dealing with poop and we were sharing our misery with our neighbors... yours is a dirtier and more lonely experience, however, as the others have stated, hang in there because it will pass and you will get to experience the joys of the ships again

Best of luck

Jo Bob, you need to put a down payment on a cruise ASAP.

True, it's hard to think of spending the $$$ on pleasure right now, but it will be worth it. Several times in the past few years my DH and I were impacted by events we could not control. Having a cruise to look forward to kept us sane and focused on the fact that things would get better.

Best wishes for a swift and successful resolution to your insurance woes.

Jo Bob, you need to put a down payment on a cruise ASAP.

True, it's hard to think of spending the $$$ on pleasure right now, but it will be worth it. Several times in the past few years my DH and I were impacted by events we could not control. Having a cruise to look forward to kept us sane and focused on the fact that things would get better.

Best wishes for a swift and successful resolution to your insurance woes.

Ditto. Get that cc out and just do it. It will give you something to look forward to beside digging your self out of a load.

Archived