Is it possible to ask for an extra lounger on aft cabin balcony?

Two friends and I have an aft cabin on the Navigator in December. I know that there are 2 loungers out there, but wondered if it would be possible to ask the cabin steward to get another for us. If so, any suggestions on how much to tip him?

Thanks

I got turned down the last cruise on Splendour when asking for another lounger :-(. My steward said he'd like to but there were none available. If it happens again next cruise I plan to late-night requisition one from the deck.

If it happens again next cruise I plan to late-night requisition one from the deck.

You may be better off making your requisition in the early morning hours ... often times you'll find your lounger already "equipped" with a good book and maybe even a nice pair of sunglasses.fing02.gif

We made the same request when we were on the Splendour in a JS and were also turned down. Steward claimed that housekeeper said that he couldn't bring another lounger. I employed self-help that night. Room Steward never said a word about how the extra lounger "magically appeared". I left it there after the week was over--don't know if the steward left it on the balcony or removed it at that time. I highly recommend the late night time period for "requisitioning", but suggest going to the deck above the pool deck as it is much quieter with less traffic and also has loungers closer to the elevator. :)

captbill

"You may be better off making your requisition in the early morning hours ... often times you'll find your lounger already "equipped" with a good book and maybe even a nice pair of sunglasses.fing02.gif"

:D :D :D :D

You may be better off making your requisition in the early morning hours ... often times you'll find your lounger already "equipped" with a good book and maybe even a nice pair of sunglasses.fing02.gif

Gotta love a man with a sense of humor! :D

Many thanks for all your suggestions. We'll start by requesting one from the steward, but may need to do a little "relocating of resources" (with the bonus of saving the $$$ we would have given to the steward)

Archived