How Many Buckeyes on Board?

TinaB--unfortunately I don't have my yearbooks--got destroyed in a flood a few years ago.
I can only think of one Tina in high school--if I'm correct, you were in the band (I'll never forget Roger King) and I think you may have also been a majorette???????????????
My daughter was born and raised in New Jersey, but she ended up with my Ohio blood---she's currently at Ohio State and loves it.
I never get a chance to get back to Northwestern Ohio---usually do the Columbus trip a couple of times a year and never seem to have time to make it up that way.
I noticed you are going on the Mariner next year. We have been on several Carnival ships--Ecstasy, Jubilee, and Victory--you are going to love the Voyager class ships---we've been on the Voyager of the Seas---the whole family has turned into RCCL converts. We're going on the Navigator in December.

Fan-ta-sea, that was me. Majorette & all. :) Roger King was the best, wasn't he. The band sure isn't what it used to be. It went from 200 plus back then to maybe 30 people now.

Maybe we'll meet up on a ship some day! I have one coming up in Sept. with my sister, mother, s-i-l, her sis & a friend. It's a girls night out type of thing. Then the Mariner next Oct. It'll be our first RCI cruise. Can't wait to check them out. Take care!

I'm in Norwod, near Rookwood. Been an 'East-sider' all my life. Well, there was the erroneous period of two years when I lived on the 'wrong' side of the river. LOL! :p Elf, I think we've chatted on another thread. Something about there being no such thing as a [I]bad[/I] cruise?? hehe

I was raised in Sandusky, home of the world's greatest amusement park. Matter of fact, it was my first job, just like every other kid from Sandusky. Graduated from U. of Cincinnati, moved to Miami/Ft. Lauderdale FL, and two years ago, moved to the Great Smokey Mountains of Tennessee.

GO Browns and Bucks!!!!!!!!

[font=Arial][b]dcourt, Elf, Carol, Karen, Linda, Mary Beth & Rhonda [/b][/font]

[font=Arial]Wow! Lots of Cincy area cruisers out there! We just may have to have our own thread!:D [/font]

[font=Arial]We leave 2 months from today on a 12-day Hawaii cruise. Getting more excited. Anyone else been there?[/font]

[font=Arial][b]Dcourt [/b]– I see the freeway side of Milford on I- 275 every day to work! We were on the Legend in Nov. cruisin’ the Panama Canal. That cruise had the $199 airfare from CVG. Which Legend cruise are you taking? [/font]

[font=Arial][b]Carol[/b] – Where will you be flying? No, you don’t have to be platinum to use the Loyalty Ambassador service; anyone can use them. If you have a definite itinerary in mind, it’s best to make an apt. to see them – their apts. can book up before you know it.[/font]

[font=Arial][b]Karen[/b] – as long as you don’t mind the drive, IND has great prices on flights, esp. ATA. CVG being overpriced is an understatement! :eek: Thanks for the invite on the Mariner, but we did the Western It. during Navigators Inaugural Voyage. It’s a great It. & I’m sure you will have loads of fun! Can’t wait to go on another Voyager class ship! Love those ice-skating shows![/font]

[font=Arial]Howdy [b]Linda[/b]! – Good to hear from you. Have you noticed how big the new Kroger is getting at the old Beechmont Mall? Do you think they will open up in Nov. as planned? Looking forward to that cheap Kroger Gas! :D Like you, my Husband has spent all of his 52 years in the Twp. too. Did go to Anderson H.S. too? Looks like both of us will be on cruises the end of Sept. Do you get the chance to go very often? [/font]

[font=Arial][b]Mary Beth[/b] – you will love the Mariner. It’s a great choice for your 1st cruise in 17 years! Boy will you be spoiled! That class of ship is so big – took me 5 days to know my way around! Husband had fun watching me get lost! :rolleyes: [u]If a pocketsize map isn’t in your stateroom, you can pick up one at the purser’s desk – that’s true for any of R.C.’s ships. They really come in handy.[/u][/font]

[font=Arial][b]Rhonda[/b] – my husband spends way too much time in Norwood! - when he works those 65-hour shifts! Lucky you are so close to Rookwood. That area sure has expanded with lots of retail. Use to go to Longhorn lots until they finally built one in Eastgate.[/font]

[font=Arial][b]jst4fun715 (Carol)[/b] - you were born and raised in good 'ol Xenia! I spend my childhood a little farther north, up Rt. 68 in Springfield! Drove thru Xenia on our way to Springfield last month to celebrate my dad’s 90 Birthday. There was a big festival going on in downtown Xenia that weekend so had to use detour around carnival. Never saw so much action going on in little Xenia before![/font]

[font=Arial]Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Does anyone think we should start a thread for all of us here is southwest OH? Take care. [/font]

[font=Arial]Aloha,[/font]
[font=Arial]Suzy B [/font]

Hello fellow Buckeyes!

We're from the heart of the heart of it all: Circleville. DH was (until his retirement) an ardent support of his beloved Buckeyes - used to make it to most home games and all bowl games....now we save our pennies for cruising - my how priorities change!

Is anyone out there on Navigator 12/4? We're booking that this a.m. Is anyone out there on Millie 5/15/05 Barcelona to Venice? We booked this while on Summit in Alaska in May.

GO BUCKS!

[quote name='cheche01']Hi

Bay Village here.
Looking for a cruise for February 2005.[/QUOTE]

We are doing the Crown & Anchor Cruise leaving Ft Lauderdale February 25, 2005. It is an 8 day on the Jewel of the Sea. We have not done a C&A Cruise before but have heard good things.

marchvi
Jefferson, OH (not West Jefferson near Columbus, but Jefferson the county seat of Ashtabula in the NE).

;) Hey Rhonda!

Guess Pumpkin Show is about all "Roundtown" has going for it - and we leave town when it arrives!

Did I see by your signature that you had cruised on Navigator? What were your impressions? We booked it for a 7-day in December - we like to get away for a few days before the holidays. Can you share your thoughts about this ship?

Maybe we should start a SW Ohio thread....there sure seems to be enough of us. Been spending a lot of time in Xenia lately getting my mom and dad's house ready to sell. He just passed away and she is in a nursing home. Really difficult going through 50 years of "stuff"!!

We are Buckeyes now living in Las Vegas. My husband was born and raised in Columbus. I moved there in 1986. We are still looking for a Buckeye bar in this city. We were also on a family cruise for the champion game. They showed it on the big screen TV . It was great fun to be there with the Miami crowd. They were not real happy when the returned to the Miami airport and we were waiting to get on a plane bak to Columbus. We of course had our OSU shirts and hats on.

kfrank, [url="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001"][img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_29_125.gif[/img][/url]neighbor.
We're right down the road from you.

<gush> Loved the Navigator!!! Since it was my first cruise, I have nothing to compare it to, but she's a beauty! We had an inside cabin, #6455 and our cabin steward, Artnell, was terrific.

We ate all our dinners in the main dining room, on the Nutcracker level. I understand that cruise food used to be 'to die for', but I only thought that of a few things. But generally, I thought the food was really good. Our waiters, Sonny (Thailand) and Sharon (Jamaica) were super as well. Our table mates were a couple about my mom's age and were pleasant dining companions.

What itinerary are you going on, East or West? Our favorite port was St. Thomas, hands down! We went snorkeling on the Doubloon ([url]www.doubloon.com[/url]) while there and it was fantastic!

Here's a link to my cruise pics:
[url]http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=93419195[/url]
[url]http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=93850067[/url]

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Rhonda: WebShots will not allow me to view your photographs - am I doing something wrong???? I WANT TO SEE THEM!:D

Appreciate the feedback re Navigator. We are doing the E. Carib. also. I hear what you are saying about the food - we've come to understand that one can not expect true gourmet food when preparing meals for >2000 people at the same setting.....we've been very pleased with the food in the main dining room on our Celebrity cruises, however, the breakfast/lunch buffets leave a lot to be desired. I can just barely remember the food from our last RCI cruise....and remember it as being not quite up to Celebrity quality/standards but certainly not bad. Having said all that: Who's complaining when some else is cooking the food AND SERVING the food!!!

Thanks for the link on St. Thomas. I've always wanted to visit that island.

Is there a separate charge for room service (other than the tip I mean)? Do you remember anything about the room service breakfast menu? (while I'm not normally a room service kinda person - we became hooked on Celebrity's room service for breakfast served on the veranda - a great way to start the day).

Did you tender to any of the islands? What's to be avoided?

Thanks again for your input.

Webshots won't work? Weird. I just checked to make sure those albums are public. Hmmm... :confused:

I completely agree on the food. I usually went for any selections that were more on the ethnic side and always had our waiter's recommendations too. Windjammer food was pretty basic and comparable to your typical buffet food. And yes, since I don't cook much (single person here!), with someone else cooking AND serving me, I'm not complaining!

On the room service, I think you only paid for things like soft drinks. My sister used it more than I did. I think breakfast on the balcony sounds wonderful. Maybe on the next cruise I'll be in a balcony cabin.

We tendered in Labadee. I [I]think[/I] that was it. Labadee was beautiful. There they had locals selling handcrafted items in the flea market and a group that played instruments and dancing. Really cool. You could be lazy and relax at the beach, or rent wave runners. Lunch came from Windjammer.

If I do that itinerary again, I might consider staying on ship when in San Juan. The architecture is pretty there though. I might visit the fort, but that was about all that interested me. I never got around to a wine tasting in Vintages (wine bar) and I'd have probably done that instead.

I'm OSU class of '75. But I have the misfortune to live in the worst state in the union, Connecticut. I love getting back to the midwest whenever I can, but the wife and I are hoping to move to Arizona in the next two years. But any place would be better than Connecticut. Can't wait for the football season to begin. I saw freshman Ted Ginn had a big game against Pennslyvania in the Big 33 game and was MVP.

Archived