How Many Buckeyes on Board?

Adowning - Over on the cruise addicts board, a group of us are getting together July 24th in McComb, OH for a picnic. Sounds like it must not be too far from your location. If interested, check it out on the community message board - Ohio Gathering.

Same for any other area cruisers - love to meet you!

Kathy

Also a Buckeye....born and raised in Ohio. Live in Miamisburg, just south of Dayton. There was a thread similar to this several months ago and it got up to several pages. Counting the days to my next cruise on the Radiance in December.

Hi Kathy! We're from the suburbs of Cincinnati.

I agree - GO BUCKS! :)

Elf

Hi Elf,

This is Suzy B & we also live in Cincy area – Anderson Twp. – where about are you?

I’m sure you will have a fabulous time on the AOS in Oct. Don’t miss the Ice-Skating Show – it is very professionally done & many of the skaters are former Olympic champions.

Being that this is your 1st R.C. cruise, I’d like to give you a heads up that R.C. frequently discounts airfare from CVG, on certain cruises.:) The BIG airfare discounts are offered on the R.C. ship computers set up in the Crown and Anchor Loyalty Ambassador area on the Royal Caribbean ships; they are NOT on R.C.’s site that you access from your home:( . Example:

14 day Panama Canal cruise - Cincy to San Diego, then Miami to CVG for $199 round trip;

12 day Hawaii - Cincy to Vancouver, then Honolulu to CVG $299 round trip.

The ship computers gave us around a 60% discount on the airfare price compared to the R.C. Web site that you see at home. So if your 1st experience with R.C. is a good one, book your next cruise while on board. Ask the C & A Ambassador for the cruises with the special airfares from CVG.

R.C. usually uses Delta out of CVG. Have you received your flight info? If not, just go to Delta.com & pull up the flights the morning that you depart. Flights to FL are usually direct – non-stop; those to San Juan have you stop either in Atlanta or FL. Although, I think Delta recently added a non-stop to San Juan from CVG. The airfare to San Juan, was not discounted when we did the Southern Caribbean 12/02.

That's a great itinerary you will be doing. I’m sure you will have a wonderful time.

Happy Sailing,

Suzy B

Hi all,

We live in Conneaut, the sharpest corner of Ohio. North is Lake Erie and east is PA. Go Bucks, Browns and Indians.

Another Buckeye Fan checking in,

I also where my OSU hat on the cruises, had to upgrade it over the years. I am from Jefferson, NE corner of Ohio. Not far from jfe724.... Never attended OSU but have always felt like an alumni.

Another Fairview Parker. Small suburb on the west side of Cleveland

kmb0907 - small world! Do you have any cruises booked? We're scheduled for the Voyager this October to Canada, and the Mariner October 2005. The Voyager trip will be our first RCL cruise ... we can't wait!

Akron here. We were on a cruise when OSU won the national championship. There were 2 Buckeye fans everyone else Miami fans. Good thing for us it took them several minutes to figure out they lost.

Elf & Suzy B:

I'm here in Cincinnati too!! I live in Milford which isn't to far from you Suzy B. I read what you told Elf about the flights and I haven't heard about the discounted flights. Thanks for letting us know. I'll have to check it out while on board the Legend in September. Is September ever going to get her?

Hi Cincy people. Add another one to the list we are in Monroe (don't laugh!) I didn't know about the CVG C&A rates either....I thought you couldn't use the Loyalty Ambassador service until you were platinum. Let me know because now rates are around $300 out of CVG for next year on Delta.

Carol:cool:

Another Cincinnatian here! (Mason) We have an 8ft. inflatable Brutus Buckeye in our yard on game day. My husband (from N. Canton gaduated from OSU _ even lived in the dorm!) We fly ATA out of Indy for about $226 nonstop, roundtrip. We have been really pleased w/ their service and price! We felt CVG was overpriced, even w/ discounts. We fly in a day early and use our Marriott reward points for a free night at the Courtyard! We have alot of Ohioans going on the Western It., Mariner, next father's day- JOIN US!

Karen

Archived