How Many Buckeyes on Board?

Hello Buckeye fans! Greetings from Westerville (Columbus) Ohio!!

We are taking all the kids on a quick 3 day weekend cruise to the Bahamas
Majesty of the Seas 9/24/2004

This will be our 2nd cruise (first on RCCL) as we did a weeklong Carnival carribean cruise (not too impressed with Carnival)

I know Majesty is an older ship, but if we like the RCCL touches, we will do a weeklong RCCL cruise on a ship with balcony rooms in the future.

Ghost (Kathy) I'm sorry I didn't you credit for getting me to the Ohio meet on Saturday...I honestly thought it was Littlebit who dragged me over to the other board! I had a great time Saturday and thank you sooooooooooooo much for hooking me up with such a fun bunch! Can't wait until next time. I actually thought about coming back Saturday evening to see if the party was still going strong. I bet it was!

OSU class of '84 here, grew up in Conneaut(go spartans). After graduating at OSU, headed south to florida and have never been back...just cant take that cold weather! brett (I kinda miss Lake Erie though)

Amy - So glad you made it to the picnic Saturday, it was great. Karen and Glenn really did a good job - all their clever cruise themed ideas were so much fun. Sorry you couldn't stay longer and we didn't get more of a chance to talk but hopefully this will become an annual event. The last one was 3 years ago when we did a meeting in Toledo.

the OSU1 - I see you now live in Sarasota. My brother and sister both live there. In fact, I just flew back Friday night from a week down there visiting them. LOVE the area - hope to retire there in a few years.

Kathy

Hello everyone! We live on the east side in Mt. Washington. Husband has live here all his life. I was born in Ohio and then we moved around a lot (Air Force). Moved back here in 1975. We'll be going on a back-to-back on the Explorer and Radiance in November for our 25th anniversary. Can't wait!

We live in Hiram, OHio. We're from Kittanning, PA but have been Ohioans for 6 yrs now. We, along with 4 other couples, are taking our first cruise on the Navigator on Oct 9th. DH and I will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary.

I can't wait!

Robin

[quote name='zkjmom']We live in Hiram, OHio. We're from Kittanning, PA but have been Ohioans for 6 yrs now. We, along with 4 other couples, are taking our first cruise on the Navigator on Oct 9th. DH and I will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary.

I can't wait!

Robin[/QUOTE]

I am sure that you will have a wonderful time on your cruise. It is always fun to cruise the first time with people that you know to share the experience.

We drove through Hiram last week to go to Camp Asbury. What a beautiful area!

Marchvi

Hi everyone. We found this post while searching for another post so I will add to it and had a good chuckle at the same time. To SuzyB & CruzinSouth, I too am originally from the East side of Cincinnati - Anderson Twsp and now reside on the West Side of Cincinnati - Western Hills. Prefer the east side, but my husband is a native west sider. In fact my parents still live in Anderson.
Go Buckeyes and Bengals!

If any Buckeyes will be on the Radiance of the Seas for her Panama Canal cruise on April 17,2005, I have a post started in the Roll Calls. Please add to it so we will know to contact you.

Doglady....just saw your post. I work at MetLife practically right across the street from you. We used to live in Sherwood Forest in Miamisburg about 7 years ago until we moved South.

I agree that maybe all of us in SW Ohio need to start our own thread! Maybe start a SW Ohio cruise club......hmmmmmmmm

:)
Carol

Hilliard, O. suburb of Columbus. DH an OSU alum. Was going through airport security on our way to Miami for a cruise two years ago when Buckeyes had won their birth in the Tostitos Bowl. A TSA put his hand in the air to stop us. Couldn't figure out what was wrong. Nothing was. We were wearing our Buckeye T-shirts and TSA wanted to give DH a high-five.

Wore our Buckeye gear through the whole cruise out of Miami and found out how many fans the Buckeyes have in other states. That was a really great cruise - and a great year for the Buckeyes!

[quote name='marchvi']I am sure that you will have a wonderful time on your cruise. It is always fun to cruise the first time with people that you know to share the experience.

We drove through Hiram last week to go to Camp Asbury. What a beautiful area!

Marchvi[/QUOTE]

Thanks Marchvi! I think it's a great place to live. Very small community, great school district and not from from Cleveland or Akron.

Went shopping for cruise wear today. Can't wait!

Take care! (how was Camp Asbury? We have never been there! )

zkjmom - My daughter enjoyed Camp Asbury very much. She typically goes to Girl Scout Camp but found Camp Asbury a lot more fun. The setting is beautiful!

98Charlie - we lived in Hilliard from 93-97. Loved the community, still visit my sister often who still lives there. My nephew graduated from Darby while my niece graduated from Davidson. The town is growing so quickly!

Otherwise, my DH and I are planning our next two cruises! If anyone is interested - we are doing a C&A cruise on the Jewel on February 26, 2005. Doing a cruise on the Enchantment with a group from church over spring break, March 28, 2005.

Just thinking about them make me smile!

marchvi

[quote name='CruzinSouth']Hello everyone! We live on the east side in Mt. Washington. Husband has live here all his life. I was born in Ohio and then we moved around a lot (Air Force). Moved back here in 1975. We'll be going on a back-to-back on the Explorer and Radiance in November for our 25th anniversary. Can't wait![/QUOTE]

Hey- I just moved from Mt. Washington to Mason. I sure miss the trees on the eastside- something I took for granted! What a small world!
Karen (Spindlewick off of Corbly Rd.!)

• 2 months later...
Just checking in:

We're in Roundtown (Circleville - for the uninitiated!)....getting to show the pumpkins this week - you all come on down to the GREATEST FREE SHOW ON EARTH (and ...... to quote our favorite son, Ted Lewis: IS EVERY BODY HAPPY??!!!)

We're on NOS out of Miami 12/4/04......first time in the Carib.

Does anyone know when the OSU football team will return from their cruise? I am hoping they don't get back before they play Purdue or Indiana. Also where did they go on their cruise. We in Indiana have really enjoyed their vacation.

• 2 months later...
Another CINCY ..... westsider though , Harrison

SOS may 5th a sisters trip,

I can't wait to check out those ajirline deals, we've flown a few times from Indy because you can't beat the fares, but Delta is beginning to get in line.. I think they are tired of Southwest eating their lunch

Archived