Suite guarantee... no JS's available?

Hello all...

I was looking at another cruise in the near future.

I notice they have the W Suite Guarantee open.... there are no JS's available, but there are GS's and above open. I checked on RCCL and Cruisesonly.

Now does that mean if I booked now I would most likely get a GS... or do the other people who booked the W before get bumped up and I get the JS.

I know there is no rhyme or reason to the upgrade fairy... though I thought this might be more regimented.... perhaps?

Thanks!

Pasta :)

Now does that mean if I booked now I would most likely get a GS... or do the other people who booked the W before get bumped up and I get the JS.

The second scenario appears to be happening in our case -- we have a suite guarantee booked next month, and I've been diligently (or obsessively, depending on your point of view :D) checking the cabin availability, both on the RCI website and a major internet TA. It can change several times a day, so it's really difficult to find any rhyme or reason . . . but here's one example. Suddenly, out of the blue, all of the OS disappeared. There had been 6 or 7 (depending on the website) available, and then they all just went POOF. And they stayed poofed, which is more stability than I've seen for any of the other suites.

Anyway . . . it looks to me like they are upgrading people and filling in the newly available cabins. Of course, I'm not a TA and I don't play one on TV, so take it for what it's worth. I can probably tell you more when I get home from my cruise! :)

The suites do come and go..........one day,no JSs and the next day 5 will show up...........

I really am not sure of the rhyme or reason how RCCL picks who gets upgrades or when...except of course,for Diamond Plus who get to request theirs 3 weeks out...........I was VERY fortunate to get an Owners Suite on our next cruise.........(I had booked a D2)

In any case, those suite guarantees are usually a great deal and the worst,you'll wind up with is a JS.nothing wrong with that!!

The suites do come and go..........one day,no JSs and the next day 5 will show up...........

I really am not sure of the rhyme or reason how RCCL picks who gets upgrades or when...except of course,for Diamond Plus who get to request theirs 3 weeks out...........I was VERY fortunate to get an Owners Suite on our next cruise.........(I had booked a D2)

In any case, those suite guarantees are usually a great deal and the worst,you'll wind up with is a JS.nothing wrong with that!!

that's great...when are you two cruising again??? :)

We booked Mariner next summer after drydock....taking the children this time.

The second scenario appears to be happening in our case -- we have a suite guarantee booked next month' date=' and I've been diligently (or obsessively, depending on your point of view :D) checking the cabin availability, both on the RCI website and a major internet TA. It can change several times a day, so it's really difficult to find any rhyme or reason . . . but here's one example. Suddenly, out of the blue, all of the OS disappeared. There had been 6 or 7 (depending on the website) available, and then they all just went POOF. And they stayed poofed, which is more stability than I've seen for any of the other suites.

Anyway . . . it looks to me like they are upgrading people and filling in the newly available cabins. Of course, I'm not a TA and I don't play one on TV, so take it for what it's worth. I can probably tell you more when I get home from my cruise! :)[/font']

Maybe an obvious question, but are you checking your reservation on the RCI site to make sure your room has not been assign? I played the GTY game, and was assigned a room 3 days later.

Maybe an obvious question, but are you checking your reservation on the RCI site to make sure your room has not been assign? I played the GTY game, and was assigned a room 3 days later.

That's okay, nothing wrong with obvious questions. :)

Actually, they took an excrutiatingly long time to assign us, but yes, they eventually did. We have a so-so JS -- not the greatest location, but it's on Deck 10 which we love. I just kept looking because I noticed that there were still half a dozen GS and OS, and wanted to monitor our chances of a last minute upgrade. There are still several GS, so we'll continue to hope until we actually check in. If not -- hey, nothing wrong with a Deck 10 JS! :D

Archived