Question for Platinum members...

After our 2007 cruise we will officially be Platinum with 5 cruise credits under our belt. Now, for our 2008 cruise we booked a balcony and I thought I remembered hearing that platinum members can get some kind of discount for balcony rooms, am I right? If so, do I have to wait until *after*our 2007 cruise (since we will then officially be platinum) to ask for this discount, or since we’re already booked-- can I ask for it now? Hope this made sense, thanks for the help!

~Steph

You have to wait until you actually become platinum to have it applied. After you get back, and the RCCL records show you as platinum (can take a little time after your cruise), then just call whomever you've booked through and have them apply the platinum balcony discount.

The answer is YES!!!..............RCCl needs to know that you have already reached the status of Platinum before giving you the discount. But, don't worry about it............if you reach platinum.....you will get your balcony discount.

Rick

Our platinum balcony discount for our 1/08 Voyager cruise to the same destinations was just $100. No onboard credit. We did get an early booking discount because we made the reservation during the prescribed time period last May-June.

We turn diamond after our upcoming Splendour cruise and will qualify for an additional discount after then.

Here is some info from a previous post.

Just double checked with C&A this is what I was advised

Discounts are as follows:

Gold no discount unless there is a coupon involved

Platinum 3-5 nite balcony $25.00 per person or $50.00 per cabin

6-8 nite balcony $50.00 per person or $100.00 per cabin

9 or more balcony $100.00 per person or 200.00 per cabin

Hope this helps.

what is the early booking discount???

RCI specify a date for booking your cruise for the following year. This year it was 31st July, but extended to 30th September. So while we were aboard Legend, we booked for Navigator next year and received the discount...hope this helps.

Alan

PS We were in A JS on Legend and booked a suite for Navigator...don't know if this has any bearing on the amount of discount.

You should get $200 Platinum discount, $200 onboard credit and an early booking discount (ours was £200).

Alan

PS All of the above is per stateroom, not per person

:eek: who the heck are you booking through??? :confused:

I'm a platinum member and I've never gotten all of that!!!!

I've gotten an $100 balcony discount and a credit if I booked another while onboard - but never all of that!

You should get $200 Platinum discount, $200 onboard credit and an early booking discount (ours was £200).

Alan

Hey Alan, good to see your name again. His Highness the Dalai Lama sends his best wishes.

As he also reads Cruise Critic religiously, he wishes to know if the early booking discount is, indeed, available in British pounds. If so, he is willing to apply for resident status in Great Britain. Please advise!

Yogi

Alan

Alan - there is no Platinum benefit of a $200 onboard credit. You can get an onboard credit by booking your next cruise while on your current cruise, but this is not tied to C&A membership. In addition, the OP seems to have booked a one week Voyager cruise which would only get a $100 credit if booked on board.

Alan - there is no Platinum benefit of a $200 onboard credit. You can get an onboard credit by booking your next cruise while on your current cruise, but this is not tied to C&A membership. In addition, the OP seems to have booked a one week Voyager cruise which would only get a $100 credit if booked on board.

Jerry,

I hear what you're saying, but I can assure you that we received $200 onboard credit for booking whilst aboard, £200 early booking discount PLUS $200 for Platinum membership. I've checked and re-checked my documents and this is DEFINITELY the case....could it be that we were in a suite and booked a suite for next year? Anyway, I'm not complaining!;)

Alan

Hey Alan, good to see your name again. His Highness the Dalai Lama sends his best wishes.

As he also reads Cruise Critic religiously, he wishes to know if the early booking discount is, indeed, available in British pounds. If so, he is willing to apply for resident status in Great Britain. Please advise!

Yogi

Hey Yogi,

Glad to hear from you and please thank his Serene Floatiness for his best wishes. As I said in my reply to Superjerry, We did indeed get £200 early booking discount along with $200 onboard credit and $200 discount which they said was for Platinum membership.

You'd be very welcome on these shores...we need some wacky humour here!

Alan

Are you taking a longer the 7 night cruise...when we just booked our cruise for next summer while onboard our last cruise, we got the normal $100 off per cabin oceanview and above per cabin and $100 per cabin onaboard credit ...but there was a sign that said all the above but in $200 incriments for like either 10 nights or 12 nights and longer initineraries. So maybe, u are going longer then 7 nights to have gotten to $200 off and $200 onboard account?

Are you taking a longer the 7 night cruise...when we just booked our cruise for next summer while onboard our last cruise, we got the normal $100 off per cabin oceanview and above per cabin and $100 per cabin onaboard credit ...but there was a sign that said all the above but in $200 incriments for like either 10 nights or 12 nights and longer initineraries. So maybe, u are going longer then 7 nights to have gotten to $200 off and $200 onboard account?

Hi Kim

Yes. Our cruise this year and next year's are both 14 nighters-maybe that explains the "extra" $200.

Alan

Hi Kim

Yes. Our cruise this year and next year's are both 14 nighters-maybe that explains the "extra" $200.

Alan

yep...Alan...that must be it...jealous u can take a 14 nighter. :)

Have fun!!!!!!

Archived