St. Martin Dock and Beach question

kchesneylover

Yes, you could get off the boat and just walk to downtown Philipsburg, probably in about twenty minutes.

The beach there is Great Bay Beach, and it is seperated from the town's shopping area by The Boardwalk.

Great Bay would be fine for getting a couple of lounge chairs and an umbrella and veg'in out, not necessairly for being in the water for more than just cooling off.

And you would miss the entire essence of this fantastic dual-nationality, many-cultured, beautiful island of some 37 beaches.

If you're trying to save some money during the cruise, I would strongly advise that you try to do that at some other stop.

gary

Great Bay Beach is across from where the big ships dock and where the water taxis constantly do their circle route from the Wathey cruise ship pier to the town and Bobby's piers. This can't be the cleanest water and in all our trips we have never gone in the water here.

Take a cab to Orient, $6pp each way from the Wathey pier and really enjoy the sights of the Island. And the sights of Orient:D :D

Thanks everyone!!!!!! Orient Beach sounds perfect!!! (and cheap!!)

That's the famous nude beach. I missed it last time. Was stupid enough to be picked up by someone who offered a tour to their resort (timeshare sales pitch) What a waste.

Last time I was there, I bought a Heiniken from a street vendor for $1 (1994 prices)

Last time I was there, I bought a Heiniken from a street vendor for $1 (1994 prices)

What a coincidence. The last time I was on Front Street they had Heineken for $1, (smaller bottle) but I opted for an ice cold 12 oz bottle of Red Stripe for $1.25.

Oh yeah, that was last October. :D

gary

What a coincidence. The last time I was on Front Street they had Heineken for $1, (smaller bottle) but I opted for an ice cold 12 oz bottle of Red Stripe for $1.25.

Oh yeah, that was last October. :D

gary

Looks like prices have frozen over the past 12 years??!!

Archived