Seabourn, Monte Carlo

Jim Avery

Prowling around the schedules and possibly considering a Monte Carlo sailing. Anyone sailed from there. What are flight choices? Any hotel recommendations? Been a long time since I was in MC so I imagine much has changed. Thanks for any info.

Jim.

It is a good idea to check for direct flights into Nice. Check NYC..and ATL doe connections...of course the schedules keep changing. We always enjoy the Hermitage Hotel..and ask for a view of the Harbor..as it is so facinating. ENJOY.....my husband always enjoys lunch or just drinks at the great Cafe de Paris...such great people watching...the cars are pretty teriffic as well.

It is a good idea to check for direct flights into Nice. Check NYC..and ATL doe connections...of course the schedules keep changing. We always enjoy the Hermitage Hotel..and ask for a view of the Harbor..as it is so facinating. ENJOY.....my husband always enjoys lunch or just drinks at the great Cafe de Paris...such great people watching...the cars are pretty teriffic as well.

Fly to Nice, get a car to MC. We stayed at the MC Grande Hotel, which is now the Fairmont Monte Carlo. Very nice hotel, and minutes to the ship!

Host Dan

Thanks for the info. We are trying to minimize plane changes for an 80 yr old Mother flying alone from Phoenix Sky Harbor. Might be better to pick one from Rome as there is a direct flight. Thanks again,

Jim.

Jim, will this be your first Seabourn? My DH Tony and I just did the Spirit July 22nd Athens to Istanbul and loved it! We were anchored just off SeaDream I in Bodrum Turkey one day and I almost swam over to say hi to George and the rest of the crew! Shoot me an email if you want to hear my comparison. I'm still working on my blog/review. Hope all is well with you.

Kate

Hi Kate and Jim!

DH and I are taking our first Seabourn cruise in December after two cruises on SeaDream (timing was an issue for us this year). I would be very interested to read your comparison Kate as we are big SD fans.

Interested in hearing your compare and contrast as well Jim.

Hi DisneyJen, I enjoy reading all your posts. Here I sit perusing the boards (Seabourn and SeaDream) instead of finishing my review! I think you'll love Seabourn too but they are definitely different products.

If you want to email me separately until I post with any questions, feel free - kate@prestigetravelgroup.com

But I'm shooting for this week to finish up.

Hi Kate:

Lots of SeaDreamers prowling around Seabourn. Yes, this will be our first Seabourn if we can make it fit. Have a set date and need to make things work for Mom as easily as possible. Lois & I are good to go most any time or place but are not travelling alone on this one. Looking forward to your review and am currently feeling cruise withdrawl. Must go put on my One Love bar t shirt and SeaDream I Splash Team hat while I water the lawn.

All the best,

Jim & Lois.

Archived