Fashionesta's Please Comment

Shellie1964

Hi, I think the second one is very nice, but it does not have the 'wow' factor of the drop dead gorgeous black one.

Hope you find one and look forward to seeing a photo.

I would love to wear a dress like that!!!

Jean

It's interesting how we do see things differently. The first dress is absolutely gorgeous, in a Princess sort of way to me. The second dress WOW, gorgeous and sexy!

Either would be a great choice and knock the DH's eyes out!

Voila. Alass they only have a size 12 available. However, I have found another design in the correct size for me. What do you think! I know it is totally different from the original, but I feel just as glamorous.

Make sure of the size before you order, a European size 12 is a US size 10, I believe. Before you purchase, check the measurements carefully.

I had a problem getting a shipment from the UK once, it took 5 months, but I think it was the sellers fault. Just be sure to email your seller, let them know you need the dress pronto and that you are paying enough for shipping.

Of course, all this info is worthless if you are from the UK, I could not tell from your posts.

I think the second dress is very busy so please avoid what is happening in the photo: Too Much. Unless you are a debutante at a deb ball or meeting the queen, skip the gloves.

With the second dress do sleek hair and minimal jewelry (sparkly hoops but not chandeliers) or you'll look like a party favor.

oh wow...the first dress is beautiful. i would wait and see if it gets reposted in your size. that person can't be the only one who sells that maker.

i'm not such a fan of the second dress, but it's your opinion that matters.

HI there,

Another vote for the second dress. I LOVE the second dress. I love the colors (champagne & black) and the shape...Very sexy!! The first dress is just OK to me. Lots of people here seem to love it though.

I hope you love whichever one you wind up with!

Melissa :)

Frankly, I like the gloves with the second dress. To me, it evokes a by-gone era in style (1940's???) when gloves would have been worn. But I agree with keeping everything else simple.

I like the ballgown style better, but that's me. My theory on skirts since I was a child is the longer and fuller the better!:D

oh wow...the first dress is beautiful. i would wait and see if it gets reposted in your size. that person can't be the only one who sells that maker.

i'm not such a fan of the second dress, but it's your opinion that matters.

I pointed this out several threads ago but I don't think anyone noticed. The first dress was re-listed!!! The original poster hasn't been around in a while so I don't think she knows her beautiful dress is still available! I hope she sees this soon! The new auction for her dress ends on August 30th!

ava1202.jpg

Here's the link to the new listing on Ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AVAs-Gorgeous-Luxury-Ball-Gown-Black-Diamond-UK-12_W0QQitemZ330020157613QQihZ014QQcategoryZ3016QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hi Everyone

I have just returned from a short vacation.

Thank you for your positive comments on both dresses. The black ball gown dress has been relisted but in the wrong size:( The champayne and black dress they do have in my size; but I think I may be a little bit vertically challenged to carry it off; I am only 5ft 3inchs IN high heels:rolleyes:

I think I will carry on perusing for a black ball gowny dress; It has been my dream to wear a dress like that. And where else could I wear one but on the QM2.

Thanks To You All Again.

Shellie x

Hi Everyone

I have just returned from a short vacation.

Thank you for your positive comments on both dresses. The black ball gown dress has been relisted but in the wrong size:( The champayne and black dress they do have in my size; but I think I may be a little bit vertically challenged to carry it off; I am only 5ft 3inchs IN high heels:rolleyes:

I think I will carry on perusing for a black ball gowny dress; It has been my dream to wear a dress like that. And where else could I wear one but on the QM2.

Thanks To You All Again.

Shellie x

Shellie ... do you have Dillards stores near you? If yes, check them out. They have had a few "similar" style dresses in the formal gown section this summer.

Hope you find the dress of your dreams. I love the style and the elegance of it.

Archived