Radiance vs. Voyager class ships

I have been on both the serenade reminded me of the voyager class ships except it didn't have a promenade or skating rink. The rooms and set up was pretty much the same. The are both great classes of ships.

On Radiance class ships you have glass elevators so you can look at the sea and a breathtaking atrium. On Voyager class you have the Promenade Mall inside which is breathtaking in a differnt way. The Brilliance, which I was on recently, has the self-leveling pool tables, which is an amazing thing to watch! I believe all the Radiance class ships have these, but am not 100% sure. I don't feel that the public areas are set up at all the same on the 2 classes of ships. For instance, the Brilliance has a 2-tiered dining room and Voyager has a3-tiered dining room. Aft balcony cabins on Voyager class have views slightly obstructed by metal superstructure bars. Not so on Radiance class. If you go the RCI's website, you can view each deck of these ships and see their differences. Oh, and Brilliance and the other newer Radiance class ships have a much different Windjammer design which works much better as far as avoiding lines and crowds. I love both classes!

The Radiance Class is also about 100 feet shorter and 40,000 tons less than the Voyager Class. The Radiance Class is also narrow enough to fit through the Panama Canal where the Voyager Class ships are too wide.

Archived