question about Aft Pool

ciska40

Hi,

I read on another board that on the zuiderdam it's not aloud for my 13 year old daughter to go and swim with us there?

On the site of the HAL I can't find anything that say she can't. Went with Disney last year and there I knew infront she couldn't go everywhere, that's what I hated about this cruiseline.

Ciska

The aft pool is for adults and there may even be a sign there saying that, but I don't recall. I believe this is because this pool may be a little deeper than the one in the Lido. I noticed that most of the kids use the inside Lido pool, that one may even be heated, but I am not sure, someone else here may know that answer. But with that being said, I have noticed kids using the aft pool and no one said a word to them.

Most of the children prefer to use Lido pool as that is where they play the pool games and that is where most of the children are. That is also where they have the Burger Bar/Taco Bar that the kids love. ;)

Very rarely we see a child at aft pool.

The Lido pool is probably a better choice as well because of the magradome ... if the weather turns to crap, they can always close that and the kids could continue swimming. There is no magradome on the aft pool.

I don't know what the rules are, but I would imagine if a 13-year-old is well-behaved and not splashing others or being excessively noisy, no one would even bother to say anything ... even if the rules technically stated that she could not be there. Always look to the PURPOSE behind the RULE. The purpose here would be to keep the aft pool a sedate environment where people could sun and read without having to deal with any running, squealing and splashing kids. If your child were not engaging in these activities, then no one would be bothered if she were sitting there enjoying the sun with mom and/or dad.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I believe that the sign read "children 12 and under must be in the company of an adult". Then on other cruises they posted a portable sign that read "adult only".

I have never seen well behaved kids cause any problems in the aft pool - its only the little monsters who cannon ball into the pool and scream from the moment they arrive to the moment they leave. Its all a question of respecting the other people who also want to use the pool.

Your 13 year old daughter should be no problem at all. Have a great time.

thanks got a little worried there. With Disney last year there were a lot of kids in just one pool, the other pool was for adults only. My daughter isn't loud en wel behaved she knows not to splash on board a cruise ship. Well feel so much better.

Ciska

Archived