Destiny or Not?

sunlover5

Been reading the threads on the Destiny and even the ones that were honest, things don't seem good on that ship?? Read a lot of the air conditioning and also, food, wear and tear and things. We are scheduled to be on her in Feb. We have been looking into Adventures of the Sea which leaves the same day, and still does Aruba(main reason we wanted to do the So.Caribbean) ? for anyone out there who has been on the Destiny and also on RC, would you pay the extra and do the AOS???? We have done both lines, but very confused about this one??? Thanks for any input!

The Distiny looks like a real good cruise. I like the ports. IMO a crew make a ship. Im not saying the destiny has a bad crew ( I haven't been there) but crews change. I was on the Triumph and I thought that ship was dirty and looked tired. I just got off the Celebration which is and older ship and that and the Carnival miracle were my best cruise.

I was on the Destiny in Feb and IMO I would choose the AOS in a heartbeat. Many on here would argue with me but it was my least favorite of any of the 10 cruises I have been on for many reasons, from air conditioning, poor plumbing ( we had no hot water for 3 days),, the waiter staff was terrible for our table. These issues were also not limited to us. Our friends had similar problems with the plumbing and they had a major noise problem. When we were booking it I wanted to go on the AOS but we were joining a group who had already booked the Destiny. The morning of the cruise and we were pulling into San Juan the entire group was sorry when we saw the AOS and then saw the Destiny. I have read many reviews on these boards that people have stated that the Destiny is the best cruise they have ever been on and the ports were truly great but if you still want to go to Aruba I wouldn't even hestitate switching. I have 3 booked with RCCL right now.

That all being said though, we still had a wonderful cruise but we were sailing with alot of friends so that made it great.

because you want to go to Aruba-- take the adventure of the seas.

But read all reviews with a grain of salt-- reviews are done based on each persons individual cruise.

If I cancelled past cruises based on cruise reviews over half of them I woulda never went on. Carnival Liberty reviews were scarey for me-- talking about bad service -unhappy crew. food was run of th emill and I found nothing of what i read.

We are booked on the Desting for sept 10 because i am celebrating my 50th and wanted to see ports that i havent been to yet. Destny and Adventure of the seas was our choice.. Price picked Destiny since the other one costs a tad over 600 more.

A cruise is what you will make it

I was on the Destiny two weeks ago and posted a long review. I don't agree that the ship looked tired or dirty. Food was very good. Air was fine everywhere except in the buffet area, which was usually too warm for me. Most entertainment was good. The things I didn't care for were the ultra casual atmosphere - lots of shorts and jeans in the dining room at dinner, the "high school pep rally" atmosphere in the dining room, and the somewhat crude language used by the cruise director and some entertainers during non-adult only shows. Don't get me wrong, I thought the adult only entertainment was very funny, but there were a lot of kids on this cruise and I thought they could have kept it a little more "family friendly" during the regular shows.

I was on the Destiny in 2003 it wasn't bad had a lot of fun and lots of stories to tell . I'm going again October 1,2006 with my husband and 6 co-workers. The only thing different this time around is Dominica, in 2003 we went to Martinique which was horrible. The people were so rude:D

Archived