Schiphol Airport to Cruise Terminal

kazwaz

The best and easiest way is to get a cab for abt. Eur. 40/50.-- depending on the traffic.

Alternative: get the train from the airport to Amsterdam Central Station, which runs very often. Only you have to carry your luggage in and out the trains yourself, and please keep an eye on it (and your handluggage!) at all times.

From the station you can take tram nr. 25 (but not during rush-hours with luggage) to the terminal or again a cab.

Walking distance from the station to the terminal is about 15 minutes, along a busy road, but not comfortable with luggage.

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from the century cruise from amsterdam. We took the train which was around 4 Euro each (near there anyway) and walked from Central station. It is not that bad a walk about 15-20 minutes at a leasurely pulling your luggage pace. It was actually very nice at 8am on a saturday morning (which is when we arrived early i know) just stay on the sidewalk designated for people and watch out for bikes and do watch your luggage on the train.

The cruise ship terminal has some nice comfy lounge chairs on the 3rd level for those who get there at that incredibly early hour and have to wait to board.

The airport is about 15 kms/10 m out of Amsterdam.

Depending on the day and the traffic, transfer can last between 20/45 minutes.

But keep in mind due to much security many airlines want passengers to check in 3 hours before departure.

It can be done, but it can be risky.

I just realise, you must be talking about 2007, as there are no more Century sailings this year.

In 2007 Century doesnot sail from AMSTERDAM, but from ROTTERDAM.

Then a flight that early is almost certainly impossible. Traffic takes at least 1 hour (in rush hour often longer) and again the security.

better take a later flight.

• 2 weeks later...

Ine,

You are such a valuable help to many on this board. :D I just wanted to let you know that in the last day our port has changed back to Amsterdam for a June 15,2007 cruise on Century. I confirmed with Celebrity and thay said that the port was changed and we would be hearing from our TA in the next few days. We are a little bummed as we had booked the Westin in Rotterdam the day prior to the cruise through a priceline bid, so no way of changing this. We got a good price though and that's life. It should be a fantastic cruise. Thanks again for all of your wonderful advise.

Nancy

I really hope that is true for many passengers as it is more easy and convenient to get to the cruise-terminal in Amsterdam from Schiphol airport.

Also the terminal is very close to city-center, just recently a new hotel (Movenpick) is opened next to the terminal.

I assume you will make new reservations in Amsterdam now (wait until you 100% sure it is Amsterdam), there are many hotels no hurry.

Sorry you have paid the Rotterdamhotel already...

Archived