First Time Cruising

Hi

Very excited to say we have booked out first cruise for next summer. Going on the radiance to alaska in July. Not sure what to expect but I am enjoying reading all these posts for info on here.

We went on our first cruise last summer and I thought for sure I would enjoy it, but it was way more than that.......... totally hooked now. Next cruise is October. Have a great time planning and it will be here before you know it........... well kinda of.:D

You'll be hooked! Welcome to the world of cruising......... no other vacation like it as far as I am concerned!

Hi

Very excited to say we have booked out first cruise for next summer. Going on the radiance to alaska in July. Not sure what to expect but I am enjoying reading all these posts for info on here.

Congrats, Newbie; and welcome to the club!!

Whenever I meet someone on their first cruise, or looking forward to their first cruise, I always give them three warnings:

1) Be prepared to spend the rest of your life (and savings) looking forward to your next cruise.

2) If you have kids, tell them early to start working towards college scholarships, because their college fund will be spent on cruises.

3) While on a cruise, if you don't gain at least 5 pound, you didn't have a good enough time. (Don't diet before your cruise to anticipate the added weight. Go ahead and gain the weight and then loose it when you get home.)

HOpe This Helps!:D

I just have to add....it took me 13 years to get DH to agree on a cruise he did his first this past April, he wasnt on the ship 2 days and stressed that when we get home we were making plans for the next one....January, Navigator here we come!!!!!

NO NO NO.... all was correct but the dieting part. OF COURSE lose before you cruise so you can eat it back and not have to diet when you get home. So much better for you. I would not stand for gaining weight. I only eat like a piggie since i lose 5 pounds before i cruise so i leave not a ounce more than what I was. There have been cruises where I did not gain it all back but i ate well...the stairs and only the stairs!

Hi

We did that exact itinerary on the Radiance, you will have a great time! It is great ship!

You're going to absolutely love it and become hooked!

Cruising was the first vacation I've ever done where I was truly sad to come home. I could have easily done a back to back!

We did our first cruise this past June, and are booked for our second in June 2007. Next time we'll have 3 other couples, and their children, joining us.

Wow, thanks everyone. We have always done all- inclusives so am looking forward to something different. Hubbie always said "alaska will be the only cruise I go on" I guess we will see.

Well, my husband said that our last cruise would be his first and last, and alas, we cruise again this fall. You can probably look forward to many more years of cruising!:D

Alaskanewbie: Can I ask you about the all inclusives you have been to. Hubby won a contest at work giving him any trip anywhere ( 2 plane tickets to anywhere) and 1500 to spend. i was thinking all inclusive. Can you give me any pointers? Which ones, how much... any info...thanks!

Archived