Radiance Dry Dock

I thought that I read many reviews that the bedding had been replaced within the past couple of months?

You're right, the bedding was due to be updated in January/February 2007, but no indication of being taken out of service to do it...

We're probably going to cruise Radiance in Summer 2008, and hope she goes in for a face lift before then...

LL

We just did the Radiance Eastern Carribean 3/3 - 3/11. Arrived at the cruise terminal at 11:30, on the ship before noon. The ship was in great shape, a little worn in areas, but no complaints. The new bedding was great, I slept better than at home.

Robyn

I found this post about the bedding

You're right, the bedding was due to be updated in January/February 2007, but no indication of being taken out of service to do it...

We're probably going to cruise Radiance in Summer 2008, and hope she goes in for a face lift before then...

LL

George, we are sailing on Radiance April 14 so I will do some snooping around and see if I can get any solid info for you.

We were on the Radiance at New Year and in March. The balcony railings were just varnished - the notice 'wet varnish' greeted us on arrival in March.

We had the new bedding and its great!!

Obviously, she's not as glitzy as the newest of the Radiance class, the Jewel, but she is still a lovely lady!!

We had no problems in our cabin which was on Deck 9.

We had a wonderful time - the crew are exceedingly friendly and helpful and the entertainment is excellent. The ship is in good condition, but obviously if guests mistreat furniture etc. it takes time to replace or repair.

We cruise a lot on many different ships and enjoyed her enough at the New Year to return in March!! 'Nuff said!!!

Asked this on another thread but will ask here too - in case different people answer. What happens to crew and staff while ship is in drydock? Captain, engineers et al?

Fran in Toronto

Hey Fran: Are you thinking of taking care of Capt. Petter during drydock?:D

George, we are sailing on Radiance April 14 so I will do some snooping around and see if I can get any solid info for you.

I appreciate that. We are patiently waiting for the 2008 Alaska cruisetours to open so we can snag an early reservation...

LL

Hey Fran: Are you thinking of taking care of Capt. Petter during drydock?:D

I see 2Ladies remained silent. Tusen takk, 2Ladies.

Well, as co-Presidents of the Captain Petter (Petter is Better) Fan Club, do you think we should both check him out during drydock?

Wonder where the drydock will be.......maybe we can sneak on....

Fran in Toronto

A month or two ago I read a post from someone who had been in a Deck 7 room, and as they were leaving, the crew were taking the bedding out of the cabins, to be replaced.

I remember this b/c the bed was the absolute worst on our honeymoon cruise (had the same problem with a pre-Heavenly-Bed-switchover at the Westin Grand before the cruise, too!), we had to sleep on the edges of our "sides" of the bed, b/c otherwise we crashed towards the middle. And I know that would be nice for others on their honeymoons, but I was brand-newly pregnant and already a furnace, and DH could hardly stand to be under the covers with me, I was radiating so much heat! :p

So I was VERY glad to hear about the new bedding on Deck 7 (that's where our cabin was), and we hope to book a cruise on Radiance soon, before it all gets smashed down again!

Archived