Noordam

cjcruiser27

Why do you say that..is it dangerous or something?? I have jogged before on other ships, just wondering and thanks for the info.!

On the Noordam joggers share space on the Promenade Deck with walkers and those sitting enjoying the great outdoors.

Please be careful while jogging on that deck.

On all the Vista class ships, the Promenade DEck is for walkers, joggers, and those who just want to relax in a lounge chair.

There are times when some people will be walking side-by-side and a couple of joggers will be approaching. It can get tricky getting by the walkers without falling or bumping into the lounge chairs.

Why do you say that..is it dangerous or something?? I have jogged before on other ships, just wondering and thanks for the info.!

The only thing dangerous about it is to the people like DH and me who walk for exercise and have to share the deck with joggers. We move at a heart raising pace but do not jog. Many joggers bump into us; literally push us; heavy sigh in annoyance we're only 'walking'........Please remember we'll move to the side to let you pass but please don't bump into us. That hurts and is dangerous to Us.

Thanks.

KK and sail expressed a lot of what I was thinking of, cj.

Also, there will be people heading in the other direction; people will be getting up off chairs and maybe watching their immediate area and not see you; some will be coming out the door and heading for the railing; walkers will be going at different speeds than other walkers.

Then there's the couple of places where the promenade juts in and out.

It's starting to sound like it's a freeway out there! And that's kind of what I meant.

Joggerhogs...No thats not a new Flemish and/or Flandarian word .

I so agree with Sail7Seas fully. Bumping also is so uncalled for.:mad:

We as well walk alot on any deck that goes all the way around. Joggers are and/or maybe just off in the own realm..thank goodness not at the helm..

Safety as we all know is vital and has to be practiced and abided by. They being oblivious to others may say something about character too... all the joggers have to do is say something like pardon me ..excuse me... coming about... or a similar wording.. so as to alert others of there coming precence.. even a beeping device would help attached to there arm or leg to alert others..:eek:

...even a beeping device would help attached to there arm or leg to alert others..:eek:

Now there's one idea I would hate to see (hear?) implemented. To have the peaceful quiet of the Promenade interruped by the sound like a truck backing up would be terrible.

Hi All & cjcruiser27,

Love cruising and in October with be returning as a HAL Mariner for the 4th time, this time, on board this spoken about Noordam.

I too love to walk (and eventually at a little faster pace) the Promenade Deck early in the morning with all the other passengers, with that invigorating view of the vast Ocean Sea and (hopefully) beautiful blue skies. I do also encounter those that are slower walkers and also the very spirited joggers. Yes, it is a task to maneuver around other people with all the courtesy but also lookout for those spirited joggers like I did on the Rotterdam & QE2 in the past.

Just to make a simple point- According to the Oxford Dictionary:

Promenade meaning: a leisurely walk typically in a public place so as to meet or be seen by others, a public walk - especially one along a seafront (interesting) and a movement resembling a type of walk made by couples in formation.

My point, why not use the Promenade Deck of the ship for leisurely walkers and the above Observation Deck at top of the ship for those spirited joggers. Each would have there own location to accomplish their daily constitutions.

I am in 42 days looking forward to enjoying the open decks for approx. 10-11 days of our Caribbean Cruise. All of us should extend the utmost courtesies toward each other for the period of time we are one large HAL family, while onboard the ship on each of our individual cruises.

Thank you for RuthC, sail7seas and Krazy Kruizers for their caring remarks.

Will deepest Cruise Critic respect,

:) ESLO

(Ed & Bev)

It is only on the Vista ships that joggers and walkers share Promendade and IMO, it is an unfortunate arrangement. The two don't seem to co-exist comfortably for all.

On the "S" and "R" Class ships, there is no jogging permitted on Promenade and I love it that way.

There's a jogging track on Sports Deck.

Archived