??? Re: Bus transportation to NYC

Smellytoes

I just noticed that the NCL web site has posted information about the Entertainment Tours bus out of Boston. The first time we went on the Dawn the bus was booked through the cruiseline. The last time we went there was no information regarding this bus from NCL. It was considered independent travel arrangements. (It was excellent btw) My question is now that the information is posted on the web site does that mean if we book this bus and something happens the ship will not leave without us??

Glad Entertainment Tours finally made it to the website. We've also used them and have been extremely satisfied based on the price ($50 pp roundtrip) and service. We plan on using them again in Jan. 2007. Having said that, I'm sure there is some legalise that since the passenger contracts directly with Entertainment, there are no guarantees... But I've always operated under the assumption that if weather is going to shut down route 95, the Dawn will probably be late as well traveling from the south. Secondly, the bus leaves soo early (7:00 from Bos. / 8:00 from Prov.) that there would be time for a replacement bus, should the need arise from a breakdown.

I'm also really glad Entertainment Tours made it on the web site. I hope it produces more business for them. The last time we went our bus driver was taking the bus back to Braintree after dropping the pax off at South Station. We live in Quincy so the bus driver dropped us off at our house. You can't get better service than that.

Is the parking in Providence convenient to the bus? And what are the parking fees? Safe?

The last time we went we only stopped in Hartford after leaving South Station. My DH is just saying if you leave out of Boston you'd get a better seat on the bus. (I think he needs to grow up) But to get answers to you questions I'd call the bus company directly or ask your TA.

Glad Entertainment Tours finally made it to the website. We've also used them and have been extremely satisfied based on the price ($50 pp roundtrip) and service. We plan on using them again in Jan. 2007. Having said that, I'm sure there is some legalise that since the passenger contracts directly with Entertainment, there are no guarantees... But I've always operated under the assumption that if weather is going to shut down route 95, the Dawn will probably be late as well traveling from the south. Secondly, the bus leaves soo early (7:00 from Bos. / 8:00 from Prov.) that there would be time for a replacement bus, should the need arise from a breakdown.

I have taken the bus three times so far. I have been very satisfied as well. Will be using them agian this year. We have always gotten to the pier at around 12:00. I also feel that there is plenty of time to spare if need be.

TLC

In 2004 / 2005 / early 2006 there was free parking at the Bonanza bus terminal in Prov. (now Peter Pan) with no security. Well, it wasn't really free because quite a few vehicles would be stolen and many others were vandalized. Since early 2006 they have fenced in the lot, provide security and charge a fee. In early 2006 the fee was $3 per day

Here's the article http://www.projo.com/metro/content/projo_20060214_pbus14.da428fb.html

Yes the bus does stop in Providence if it has a pick-up, and yes there is secure parking at the bus terminal. The lot is fenced in and there is a 24 hr. attendant. We parked there this past June for an 8 day cruise and the car was fine. I believe the cost was $6.00 ped day at that time.

• 1 month later...

Above I said the cost was $50 pp. January 2007's cost is $75 pp per my recent cc statement

Archived