My condolences to any Aussies on board

Spikesgirl

Our hearts are broken in hearing the news of the death of Steve Erwin, the guy with the great accent, the broad smile, and a heart as big as Australia. He loved his family, all wildlife, and his country with a passion and enthusiasm that was contagious. We will miss his spirit and the joy we found in watching him, and his precious family, nurturing creatures great and small. gg in Texas

Our hearts are broken in hearing the news of the death of Steve Erwin, the guy with the great accent, the broad smile, and a heart as big as Australia. He loved his family, all wildlife, and his country with a passion and enthusiasm that was contagious. We will miss his spirit and the joy we found in watching him, and his precious family, nurturing creatures great and small. gg in Texas

its been 24 hours and still doesn't feel real. i know this may sound silly... but as an aussie it feels worse then when princess Diana was killed. he will be sorely missed and I cant believe that future generations will miss out on seeing the wonderful charachter that was Steve Irwin:(

I still cannot believe that Steve Irvin has gone. He was so much larger than life and loved this great country so much.

In his short life he has done so many wonderful things for the conservation of wildlife including buying tracts of land in many countries.

He was an amazing man and a simple one as well. It was such a freak accident. I believe he didn't suffer at all. We rewatched last night an interview with him back in 2003 and his passion for life was just so strong.

Vale Steve.

Jennie

I was very sorry to hear of your loss. Steve Erwin was a great spokesman for your country and one reason why we chose to visit Austraila.

Charlie

Those are my sentiments as well. I enjoyed watching Steve Irwin on the Discovery channel for these many years, since the beginning of his career. He brought a refreshing enthusiasm and wideeyed excitement that was very entertaining. So much different from the wildlife shows of my childhood such as Mutual of Omaha. I was a little disconcerted at times at how close he got to various animals, but that was Steve. He also showed so many obscure and little known animals that it was very informative as well as interesting. The sad part is that there will not be new espisodes with his cheerful presence, that I always looked forward to. I hope the Discovery channel does some kind of special tribute to Steve as he certainly enlarged the awareness of that cable channel as well as wildlife and Australia.

Edward

My condolences and empathy to the Irwin family.

Steve was a true-blue, Australian icon.

I am sure his family and friends will continue his wildlife conservation.

He always reminded me of a “koala bear” (his appearance)!

I am still in shock over his death, as I was a big fan.

He will be sadly missed.

I believe the Discovery channel is having a tribute to Steve tonight.

I also regret having spelt Steve's name wrong - believe it or not, that's how it was written in our local paper. It was gerat to hear how well he was respected by other conservationsts and naturalists.

At least he'll be able to play with Sookie again.

Charlie

Archived