Cabins catagories on Maasdam

DesertArtist

I am researching different prices for an August sailing for my mother-in-law and have never sailed HA myself, so any in put would be greatly appreciated. I'm getting several quotes from various agencies through a competitive cruise website. She requested 2 outside cabins and I have been given pricing for HH cabins and someone else listed an "unobstucted" cat E for a bit more. Generally are the HH obstructed? What is the difference between HH and E ? Thanks in advance for your help!

As I recall all the HH category cabins are on the Lower Promenade deck and are all obstructed views. The E category cabins are on the next two lower decks (Main and A decks) and I don't believe any of those are obstructed views. All the cabins are pretty much identical other than deck level and whether they have an obstructed view or not.

An outside cabin on Lower Promenade will be slightly smaller than an outside on Main or A Deck. It also has the entire promenade between the window and the sea.

The advantage on Lower Promenade is the quick access to that great big veranda! It's also very easy to get to/from lifeboat drill.

Hi Desert Artist,

DH and I have been in HH Catagory rooms twice. There is an ubstruction but if we looked diagonally out of the window, we could see the water. We did not mind the obstruction because in this beautiful weather, you want to be outside anyway or at least taking part in the onboard activities on sailing days and not stuck in your room. This is the Lower Promenade (walking) Deck so people are constantly walking by. Don't worry though, they cannot see inside unless you have your light on so keep the drapes pulled at night.:o

iluvcrusin

Archived