Grandeur of the Sea Flop Cruise to bermuda? 9/10

tracyinva

My husband and I just saw the track of the hurricane on the news and he suggests the following itinerary: if we sail back and forth between Baltimore and Norfolk, we'll be fine and might even get tendered over to Virginia Beach for a day!!!!!! Colonial Williamsburg isn't far from there either! We're looking forward to it, see you guys onboard!!!!! Cheer up....remember....Virginia is for Lovers!!!!!! :D :p

My husband and I just saw the track of the hurricane on the news and he suggests the following itinerary: if we sail back and forth between Baltimore and Norfolk, we'll be fine and might even get tendered over to Virginia Beach for a day!!!!!! Colonial Williamsburg isn't far from there either! We're looking forward to it, see you guys onboard!!!!! Cheer up....remember....Virginia is for Lovers!!!!!! :D :p

too bad the cruiselines can't do this. Might make for some interesting itineraries. LOL

Nice way to look at it MrsNoPlea.:D

I understand exactly what you are saying JoeZ.

Like I said, I've mellowed over the years on the trip north adventure.

I felt exactly how you feel, just remember it is still a vacation.

And you will have sunshine and smooth seas if you happen to go north.

Lets just all hope it moves quick, misses Bermuda and doesn't become a cat3. If none of that happens..

Then I will be in Canada the next week as well..;)

Ive been to Bermuda 11 of 12 times.

That is pretty good odds considering all but one was in September.

Sorry, if they don't make port in a foreign country, then they can't let you off the ship anywhere in the US other than Baltimore.

Look like the storm might be going north. So maybe we wouldn't be able to go up there either? But with the high pressure out there near Bermuda, it looks like it is going to steer the storm. Maybe we could sneak our way south a bit to the Bahamas... I've been on several cruises but never been to Bermuda so I was kind of looking forward to it.. But maybe next year now.

We will just have to cruise up and down the Bay for 5 days.. THAT WAS A JOKE!

I'm sure they want to wait to make sure the storm makes the turn to the north. Guess we will have to keep checking back at 1pm everyday to see. That's what their site says to say.

Maybe big fans would help direct it away...

Boy am I nervous for you all on the 9/17 sailing! Hopefully Florence will get out of your way!

I do wonder what would happen if they can't head to Bermuda. I understand that previous cruises have gone to Canada instead of Bermuda, but those were 7 day itineraries right? Is five days really long enough to get to Canada or the Bahamas from Baltimore?

DON'T WANT TO HEAR THAT! If we do, the wife is going to have to except that we will be going on another cruise somewhere with a beach VERY soon..

Now your thinking.....Another great advantage to sailing during hurricane season.. You might get to cruise Twice..:D

Only downside of cruise next year is that I will have to pay for 4 people, one to include an infant who doesn't not eat anything on the boat but they still charge the 3rd person rate. But I did it for my 1st child, so I'd do it again. She was only 5 months old when she went on her first cruise.. haha This will be her 3rd cruise.. The last time, someone in the elevator asked if she was enjoying her first cruise, and I was like, she is really enjoying her second cruise.. The people could not believe that they were ALOT older than she was and that was their first cruise.. haha

Only downside of cruise next year is that I will have to pay for 4 people, one to include an infant who doesn't not eat anything on the boat but they still charge the 3rd person rate. But I did it for my 1st child, so I'd do it again. She was only 5 months old when she went on her first cruise.. haha This will be her 3rd cruise at only 2 years old.. The last time, someone in the elevator asked if she was enjoying her first cruise, and I was like, she is really enjoying her second cruise.. The people could not believe that they were ALOT older than she was and that was their first cruise.. haha

JOEZ, the problem with "but they should give you the choice of switching to another cruise during the same time period or something." is that there are at most a few cabins available during the same time period on other ships that they own. The "or something" portion I will refrain from commentating on.

Actually, you are mistaken. There were plenty of room available right now on other ships that are going out the day after. Not plenty for the whole ship to change, but if you really got down to it, how many people would actually pay the airfare to fly to FL instead of Baltimore to cruise at the last minute. Not everyone on the ship. I for one would even though right now, I am driving to the port of Baltimore. The cabins on the other ships will more than likely remain empty seeing it is 3 or 4 days until the cruise. Or they could let us apply the money we paid towards this cruise towards the other cruise. Only issue with that is they other cruises I have priced out are actually cheaper than the going price right now. So, they would actually make out on the deal if they just let us switch as we would be paying more for the cabin than the going rate.

Please comment on the "or something" portion. I would love to hear what other facts you could provide.

Archived