1st cruise different questions

librarycruiser

Hi all!

We were given our first cruise by close friends. We sail in two weeks on the Celebration. We are so excited!

My first question is about cabins. What does book or buy a guarantee mean?

Also, I have read that I should carry on a bag with a change of clothes for both myself and my dh as our other suitcases my not arrive at our cabin until late. What size suitcase can I carry on. Do you have the dimentions?

Last question. We booked our onshore excurision through the Carnival website. They said they'd send us an email which we haven't received yet. Does this email take awhile or do I need to contact them now?

I want to thank everyone on this site for all the great information y'all have given! I have notes written in our cruise file so hopefully all will go smoothly.

Thanks,

librarycruiser

Let me start off with are your friends looking for more friends? :D

Congratulations and welcome to CC.

If you have a guarantee cabin that means you have paid for a certain type of cabin. Example is you buy a guarantee balcony that means when you sail you will be in a room with a balcony. This could be anywhere on the ship. And the other means you pick the cabin you want.

I would go with the same guide lines as an airline for the carryon. I can only tell you that it must fit in the x-ray.

When did you book the excursion? If it has been more than 24 hours I would call Carnival direct. You don't want any surprises when you get on the ship.

Have a wonderful cruise:D

1. My first question is about cabins. What does book or buy a guarantee mean?

Means if you book a specific cabin you get that cabin. If you book a Catagory guaranteed, you can get that catagory or higher by getting upgraded. so Cat. 4a to maybe a Cat. 4c or even a 5a etc.

2. Also, I have read that I should carry on a bag with a change of clothes for both myself and my dh as our other suitcases my not arrive at our cabin until late. What size suitcase can I carry on. Do you have the dimentions?

Size that would fit is 11x17, it can be as long as you want, it just has to fit through the xray machine. If your carry on luggage is exacly 11x17, bring a small measuring tape just incase they want to challenge you as they did me in Long Beach, mine fit just right with plenty of room.

We keep all electronics and CPAP machine along with a change of nice clothing and shoes with our carry on.

3. Last question. We booked our onshore excurision through the Carnival website. They said they'd send us an email which we haven't received yet. Does this email take awhile or do I need to contact them now?

We book our shore excursions with Carnival online even and never recd an email notification. They will send your tickets to your cabin. Once onboard you can turn on your T.V. and check your tickets there also.

Fred

Size that would fit is 11x17, it can be as long as you want, it just has to fit through the xray machine. If your carry on luggage is exacly 11x17, bring a small measuring tape just incase they want to challenge you as they did me in Long Beach, mine fit just right with plenty of room.

Actually they have changed the size Fred, it is now 24 X 16.

Please see Welcome Aboard booklet page 13

http://www.e-travelbrochures.com/viewBrochure.asp?campaignId=492

(I love this thing :D)

I think this also answers a lot of peoples questions about the new "self embarkation" program in the current Currents. ;)

previously, i booked my excoursions in advance thru carnival on their website. i never got an email, just my Credit card statement showing the charge, which i brought. you can also view online at Carnival.com the excursion that you booked. print it and bring it with u. by the first morning of your cruise, your shore excursion tix will be in the box outside ur door. no worries:rolleyes:

Actually they have changed the size Fred, it is now 24 X 16.

Please see Welcome Aboard booklet page 13

http://www.e-travelbrochures.com/viewBrochure.asp?campaignId=492

(I love this thing :D)

I think this also answers a lot of peoples questions about the new "self embarkation" program in the current Currents. ;)

Thanks Don, They have 11x17 and 24x16 in so many places in the FAQ that its pretty confusing, so I just selected 11x17. It could be that the Opening of the Xray machine is 24x16 I guess I will actually measure it when I get there.

Fred

• 1 month later...

Archived