Self-help disembarkation

Bluenoser

Hi all:

We'll be on the Nov. 4 Noordam sailing. I did a search in this forum on the above subject as well as at hollandamerica.com and was unable to find anything.

Does anyone know if HAL allows self-help disembarking?

Cheers and thanks in advance for any help!

Just off the Westerdam. The early disembarkation group (the group first off the ship and willing to carry ALL their own luggage off) is just for you. Most cruiselines offer this now. We arrived in port about 6 am and the early disembarkation began at 7:30 am. We were the 3rd group off and were in line by 8:15 and out the door by 8:45.

When this first group leaves is all up to when the ship arrives in port and when customs clears the ship. For our Mexican Riviera cruise out of Los Angeles customs didnt clear us until 9 am. By the time we got our luggage and taxi, we barely made our flight at 1 pm. Some did miss their flights, because of late disembarking, airport check in and security lines.

Recommend you dont use cruise transfers- try to pre-arrange a limo or something.

Ouch! We arrive at 8:00 and HAL originally had me booked on a 10:00 am flight. What in the world could they have been thinking??:eek:

My TA talked them into changing it to noon but from your post, I'm thinking I won't make that either. I guess I better get back to her quickly!

On my last two cruises (ending in NYC and Vancouver) self-disembarkation started about 7:15, and last call was announced about 7:30. Then the customary first groups were called.

If you've got the inclination and the strength to carry your luggage it's a great way to beat the rush.

Hi all:

We'll be on the Nov. 4 Noordam sailing. I did a search in this forum on the above subject as well as at hollandamerica.com and was unable to find anything.

Does anyone know if HAL allows self-help disembarking?

Cheers and thanks in advance for any help!

We did the self-helf disembarkation on the NOORDAM cruise in March of this year in NYC. It was great! We each had one suitcase with wheels and disembarked by 7:30 am. Was first on line to get a taxi to go to Grand Central Terminal for a train on their New Haven line. We were in our house by 9:30 am (what a shock). We will be doing the same when we go on a btb cruise on Sept.27-October 17 NY to Montreal and return. We love this self disembarkation!

Archived