Is there a way to control cabin temperature?

Tropicalshowers

Hi

when we were on the Star hubby climbed on the bed and turned the air on dial up towards the roof - this seemed to turn the air con down. It was in the middle of the room on the roof - hope this helps

That's right - and it's a similar setup on Sun - although my parents had trouble with their aircon on Sun, it wouldn't adjust, so their cabin was quite cool for most of the cruise.

I had fun on night when it was a bit rocky, trying to balance on the bed and turn air con down. Just as well I have good balance!

Kym

I can get very cold at night but We both found the temp in cabin at night just right. WE didn't take warm nightclothes. There is a blanket and the bedspread on the bed, there is another one under the bed but we didn't need it. We also turned the aircon down.

The only times I felt cold was at the end of the day returning from the islands, it had cooled down a little, I had a little sunburn and all I did was jump into a hot shower.

:)

Hello all,

Just a query regarding cabin temp.

Is it cold in the cabins at night due to air-conditioning, or is there a way to adjust it/ turn it off, if need be. In other words, is it safer just to take winter pj's? Thanks all!

Cheers

On my cruise in March on Pacific Sun, I found the aircondtioning at night freezing! I looked everywhere for a switch to control it. Luckily I had warm pjs! At the end of the 3 night cruise, I discovered the control on the roof!!:o I think it is handy to bring along a pair of warm pjs, in case you get cold.:)

:)

On my cruise in March on Pacific Sun, I found the aircondtioning at night freezing! I looked everywhere for a switch to control it. Luckily I had warm pjs! At the end of the 3 night cruise, I discovered the control on the roof!!:o I think it is handy to bring along a pair of warm pjs, in case you get cold.:)

Many thanks to all for your responses! We know to check out the ceiling & we will take our winter pj's just in case!

Cheers

i didnt even have to stand on the bed to adjust the air con, just reached up. The cieling was a bit low.:rolleyes:

or you're a bit too tall!! :)

They way our cabin was configured as a double, you HAD to stand on the bed because it was right underneath the aircon.

Kym

Don't forget if it is too cold and you want an extra blanket or you can't find anything in your cabin, just ask your cabin steward. In most cases they can answer your questions quite quickly!!

My problem was that I like it quite cool while sleeping but everyone else in the cabin found it too cold!!

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Archived