New to Celebrity

spyro1952

I have cruised with Princess many times and the old Home lines (Oceanic & Homeric) in the 70's but saw a cruise on the Century to the Artic circle that is really peaking my interest. I have only heard good things about Celebrity, even from some die hard Princess cruisers. I need the 411 regarding booking ie: ? Concierge class vs other. Also overall appearance and relative shape of the ship. Do they have refrigerators in the rooms? Any one ever been on the Artic circle run?

The Century was just completed refurbished with flat screen tvs and such. I understand that it is a lovely ship. I have sailed on four Celebrity vessels and they were all top-notch. I think an Arctic Cruise does sound interesting and I don't think you would be disappointed in the line. Fellow passengers will be like- minded adventureous types. I found the passengers to be well traveled and very interesting. Met so many intelligent, friendly people on Celebrity. Go for it!

I have also sailed Princess and Celebrity and enjoy them both. Each have some great ships. I think your biggest hurdle will be the scheduled dining times with Celebrity. It is my hurdle but I will not miss a cruise on Celebrity because of it. I do enjoy Princess's freedom in dining. The itinary to the Artic sounds great. CC class is a very nice perk as long as you didn't pay big bucks for it. Yes the rooms do have fridges in them. Go for it....you will not be disappointed at all.

Any one ever been on the Arctic circle run?

Here's the Roll Call so that you can ask those people already booked.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=335390

We're Platinum Princess cruisers but we prefer the formality of Celebrity. We have cruised on all ships in the Celebrity fleet and Century is our favorite. We are about to spend 34 days onboard because we enjoy the ship, the crew, the food, the service...and just plain cruising.. Enjoy the Arctic... I can't understand why anyone would go there on purpose... I live too close to it now.;)

I have wanted to sail on X for the longest time but can't convince my cruise buddy. BUT, I think I can convince another friend to try this cruise and X. I love formal cruising as I am a "child" of the original Nieuw Amsterdam, sailing out of NY harbor in the 60's with my parents. Also the old Italian lines: Rafello and Michelangelo.

Hope you go. I enjoy Celebrity very much. Excellent service, very good food. As soon as you board you feel special and pampered.

My son worked in Antarctica for a year. Artic circle wouldnt be as windy but still damn cold. I would love to see the sights but couldnt handle the cold. wish i could.

Nadine

Archived