Crown Dining Rooms ?

TourneyKit

I was wondering which diining rooms on the Crown are for anytime dining? And which of the two do you feel had the better service or "feel" to it? While I'm at it:) do you recall the name of the Maitre'd ? I want to be able to make an early decision as to which room to call home while on board for my B2B in November :)

The DaVinci and Michelangelo were used for anytime dining, with Botticelli reserved for traditional. We used Michelangelo almost every night. It seemed less crowded that DaVinci, perhaps since DaVinci is on the same deck as the theatre, while Michelangelo is a deck lower, on Deck 5? They're pretty much identical, save for slight differences in artwork and color schemes.

We only repeated servers once, but overall the service was consistent, if not fabulous.

Can't help with names of Maitre'ds

On that same note,I have a question:when you come onboard with the anytime dining choice already in place,can you request a table in either dining room via the stateroom tv. everyday or is the option one dining room or the other during the whole trip?

,can you request a table in either dining room via the stateroom tv. everyday or is the option one dining room or the other during the whole trip?

You can't do anything on your TV except, well, watch TV. No interactive services available.

If you have anytime dining, you can eat anywhere you want, except for the traditional dining room (botticelli in this case). You just show up and ask for a table...you're not tied into anything. If you like, you can make reservations for the anytime dining room, but in our experience, they were only necessary on the 2 formal nights. (We didn't make them, but still only waited like 15 minutes for a table for 2. YMMV!)

Erntrish is right, both dining rooms, DaVinci and Michelangelo, are pretty much the same.

We were on the 8/25 sailing and on the first nite the four of us went to Michelangelo's around 6:15 and were given a great table in a corner along side one of the big windows. We liked it so much we booked it for 6:15 for the rest of the cruise. Got to see a beautiful sunset each evening and were finished with dinner in time to get a front row seat for the 8:30 show.

In case you are interested it was table 233, a table for 4 and the next table in line , 232 was also a window table but sat 6. Waiter Thomas and helper David were excellent also.

Erntrish is right, both dining rooms, DaVinci and Michelangelo, are pretty much the same.

We were on the 8/25 sailing and on the first nite the four of us went to Michelangelo's around 6:15 and were given a great table in a corner along side one of the big windows. We liked it so much we booked it for 6:15 for the rest of the cruise. Got to see a beautiful sunset each evening and were finished with dinner in time to get a front row seat for the 8:30 show.

In case you are interested it was table 233, a table for 4 and the next table in line , 232 was also a window table but sat 6. Waiter Thomas and helper David were excellent also.

Thanks for the tip.

Did you happen to notice if they had many tables for two? And if so any with a water view?

Also on that same note:

Did appear that tables of two had to wait as long to be served as tables with more people or did it not seem to make any difference?Or did it depend on the night/which dining room you were in that night?

My hubby and decided to go with the anytime dining this time to ensure we would always have enough time to get good seats for the shows after dinner.

Did you happen to notice if they had many tables for two? And if so any with a water view?

They had a bunch of tables for two...most with no view, many on Loooooong banquettes with only about 6 inches between tables.

Also on that same note:

Did appear that tables of two had to wait as long to be served as tables with more people or did it not seem to make any difference?Or did it depend on the night/which dining room you were in that night?

My hubby and decided to go with the anytime dining this time to ensure we would always have enough time to get good seats for the shows after dinner.

We always has a table for 2, and rarely had to wait more than a minute. On formal nights, maybe 15 minute...and this was for 8-830 tables.

What we did, and worked out fairly well for us, was to see the early show (usually 645pm) then go to dinner, then see a late show in the Explorer Lounge. The later shows in the theater can be very packed...arrive early!

On our first night we went into DaVinci. We were seated at table 417. We liked this waiter and his assistant that we decided to use them every night. We were very pleased with the service they gave us. Frances and Alvin are there names.

I believe that if you go to the same waiters, each night, they will go out of their way for you in service. I have watched how they served others and noticed that we were served much better..The waiters paid more attention to our wants and needs.....I think the other diners noticed this as well....They also decided to use them on other nights as well....

Archived