thank you cruise critics upgrade

kaseyoz

After reading these boards i better understood what an OV guarantee was. i was only going to book the very cheapest cabin on my upcoming cruise due to the huge cost of my whole trip(coming with daughter's baseball tour to play at disneyworld of sport)

On checking prices and cabins available (cant do that in australia) i decided to go with an OV.I would have been happy anywhere on the ship.

Anyway again after learning from these boards i checked the price of my cruise and it went down and knew some of you got upgraded or OBC. Again this is something not done in australia. The price you pay is final no matter how cheap the cruise finally gets. i rang my TA who checked it out.

I got upgraded to empress deck right up the front but window not port hole and OBC. I was delighted , then i got even more delighted when i realised the OBC was actually in USD so i got even more.

I feel very lucky, so thank you all for all the tips you have given me

Wonder what the cruisers who dont come to these sites are missing out on. MY TA hadnt even heard about getting money back, he was as suprised as me.

karon

After reading these boards i better understood what an OV guarantee was. i was only going to book the very cheapest cabin on my upcoming cruise due to the huge cost of my whole trip(coming with daughter's baseball tour to play at disneyworld of sport)

On checking prices and cabins available (cant do that in australia) i decided to go with an OV.I would have been happy anywhere on the ship.

Anyway again after learning from these boards i checked the price of my cruise and it went down and knew some of you got upgraded or OBC. Again this is something not done in australia. The price you pay is final no matter how cheap the cruise finally gets. i rang my TA who checked it out.

I got upgraded to empress deck right up the front but window not port hole and OBC. I was delighted , then i got even more delighted when i realised the OBC was actually in USD so i got even more.

Wonder what the cruisers who dont come to these sites are missing out on. MY TA hadnt even heard about getting money back, he was as suprised as me.

karon

So glad it all worked out. Have a wonderful cruise!!

karon

Hi Karon,

There are lots of folks who dont know. They pay the going rate and dont think twice about it, or dont know to check. For me, it has become a challenge to find a lower price or a better cabin for less.

Dave

I want to thank everyone at CC for all your helpful tips. DH and I are going on our first cruise 9/25/06 on Imagination and had booked a 4A guarantee on the advice of our DS who cruised with Carnival once before. He said we might get an upgrade to an OV for less money if we were lucky. Well, after waiting for several weeks and nothing happened I found these boards and started learning. I spoke with a PVP yesterday and got an upgrade to an OV and an OBC to boot! Of course we would have been happy anywhere on the ship but thanks to all of you CCers and Carnival we are ectatic now! Can't wait to go! Thank you!

Archived