British Isles & Northern Europe

Beth88

We loved our cruise to Great Britain. Check out

Circle Britain Cruise

The weather was about what you expect -- cloudy and cool most of the time. The exception was the Orkney Islands which were beautiful and warm. All the locals were amazed!

We had no rough seas at all. But that, of course, can vary.

Have a GREAT cruise!

We sailed on the British Isles, Scotland, Ireland and Wales cruise last August. The seas weren't bad, but it rained and rained and rained some more once we left Southampton.

If we ever go for a cruise like this again, I will definitely take a good raincoat and rain gear. We had taken the basics, but were not ready for the huge amounts of all day rain we received. Guess you can just never second guess old Mother Nature.

From one cruise to the next, on the same itineary, the weather can be totally different. This can happen no matter which part of the world you visit. The best advice is to be prepared for any type of weather.

Hi,

Just returned from the British Isles cruise from August 10 and our weather was very good. We had cool to cold mornings with party cloudy and/or sunny days until we reached Edinburgh (South Queensferry) and we had heavy fog, and rain for most of the day. In this area, you need to be prepared for the worst and hope for the best. We had mild to rough seas around Edinburgh. The trip was perfect in every way. I found it to be cold, but many others did not. Depends on your weather at home. We adjusted leaving 100 degrees and really enjoyed the change of temperature. Rain coats are a must and hope you never have to use it.

Hello,

I was on the 7/31-8/10 British Isles & Northern Europe Cruise. In addition to Ireland and Scotland the cruise also went to Norway, The Netherlands, Belgium and France.

We were lucky, the weather was nice for virtually the entire cruise. Seas were calm except for the first day from Southampton to Dublin.

I thought this was a great cruise. The diversity between the ports was fantastic. There is no way to predict what the seas will be like next year. Any one telling you otherwise is full of it (in my opinion).

Chris

Our cruise was in June/July and we had nice smooth seas. We had gone to Norway and back to Southampton. Another time we had been on the old Island Princess and went to Germany, France, Holland, Scotland, Ireland roundtrip from Dover. The sea was a little high between Edinburgh and Dover but isn't that what we cruise for, to feel like we are at sea? Otherwise it was smooth sailing everywhere else. That was in June.

I agree with CWTRAVEl. We were on the same cruise and just could not believe how lucky we were with the weather! We expected it to be cooler and rainier. Each port we arrived in they told us it had rained or been overly hot the week before we got there! We loved this cruise. It was our first time to Europe. I wrote a review but it did not get posted. Try layering like we did in Alaska!! Enjoy.

sue:D

Carnival

Carnival

American Hawaii

Royal Caribbean

Norwegian

Princess

Princess

Archived