Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty Six (comments)

bkonner

Howdy,

I am going to be on the Zuiderdam the last week of July (Getting out of Boston before the convention. The Secret Service is going to make life miserable closing down subway lines and highways. I live down town). Anyway, I decided to go down three days early. I got a good price, but after looking at some reviews on the hotel, I am having some doubts about it. Any comments on this hotel? Was booking it a mistake?

Thank you!

We have enjoyed at least three dozen plus stays at Hyatt Pier 66 and always look forward to returning. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained and the pools are terrific which, of course, will be wonderful in the summer Florida heat.

We do not care to stay in Lanai rooms but always book the Tower. It is only our personal preference. Others think the Lanai rooms are great. Most usually if you book on Priceline or such, you will be in a Lanai room. BUT, summer in FLL is off season and if the hotel is not full and you would rather the tower, they may accommodate you.

There is a fabulous newly renovated restaurant on the grounds. Grill 66 is costly but very good.

The top of the tower is a revolving lounge and gives gorgeous views of Port Everglades and all of FLL.

I think you will enjoy your stay.

:D One of our favorites hotels. We enjoy the Lanai rooms however. I enjoy being able to look out over the gardens and the canals. It is very true what KK says, It's a wonderful place. They will also look after your car and have it washed and waxed on your return. Enjoy the 66!;)

This is our Fort Lauderdale hotel of choice and we are some of those who prefer the lanai rooms, but have stayed in the tower too and both are nice. We love the grounds, the pool, all the restaurant choices, and the revolving bar at the top. What a view of the harbor and the ships.

Have a wonderful stay. I'm jealous as we have no cruise in the works right now so won't be at Pier Sixty Six for awhile.

I stayed there last year for the first time after being highly recommened by a fellow poster and friend! I was traveling solo and was in FLL on business prior to my cruise on the Zuiderdam in September 2003. I stayed in the tower and loved it! I felt very safe and well taken care of! I loved enjoying a coctail at the Pelican Bar, which is at the end of the mariner, watching the sun set and yachts passing by. The "Top of the Pier" is also a fabulous location. Unfortunately for me, due to the time of year, there was little activity regarding outgoing cruiseships, so I was unable to take advantage of watching the ships depart Fort Lauderdale.

I HIGHLY recommend the Hyatt Regency Pier 66!!! icon14.gif

Hi,

I have stayed at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 before several cruises and have always greatly enjoyed it. Due to the hotel's location close to the cruise ship piers and its nautical theme, it is the perfect pre-cruise hotel. I recommend staying in the tower and requesting a room that faces the cruise ship terminals. It is great fun to watch the ships depart in the afternoon. Also, there is an open observation deck on the top of the tower outside of the revolving bar that features wonderful views. The hotel is beautiful and the restaurants are excellent.

Great hotel!

Chuck

I stayed here April/04 prior to Zuiderdam cruise. I booked through Priceline and was very pleased. Upon arrival they were going to assign me to Lanai room but when I showed them my Hyatt card they were nice enough to put me in the tower. The room was fine however the balcony was in a major need of cleaning and some paint. I would still rate this a 4 star hotel. I also could not complain of the winning bid of $80 either. I loved this hotel and the service was great.

Steve Hayes

Howdy,

I am going to be on the Zuiderdam the last week of July (Getting out of Boston before the convention. The Secret Service is going to make life miserable closing down subway lines and highways. I live down town). Anyway, I decided to go down three days early. I got a good price, but after looking at some reviews on the hotel, I am having some doubts about it. Any comments on this hotel? Was booking it a mistake?

Thank you!

Howdy,

Thank you!

I would not stay 3 days pre-cruise at this hotel. One night may be fine - but if you are going to be in FLL 3 days, I suggest you books a hotel on the beach rather than this one. You will be closer to more restaurants, the beach, night activities, etc

I too was about to recommend Marriott's Harbor Beach Resort. It's a true resort hotel with a large landscaped pool area and a private beach. Then I visited their web site and discovered the following comment:

Exterior Painting Currently Underway Through mid-December 2004

http://marriott.com/property/propertyPage/FLLSB

Before staying there I'd try to find some current comments/reviews. If they downplay the face-lift work, I'd definitely book it.

Nothing against Hyatt, but I echo previous comments about staying beach side for a three day layover.

:) ...and we were just talking this morning of booking a 4-5 day stay at Pier 66. We have always stayed there pre and post cruise but feel like just going to the hotel and staying there...no cruise.

Thanks for the heads up about the painting on Mariott Harbor Beach. That is a gorgeous property but very pricey. I think it is more costly than Hyatt??

:) Thanks for the heads up about the painting on Mariott Harbor Beach. That is a gorgeous property but very pricey. I think it is more costly than Hyatt??

Could be. I use government rate which makes both Marriott and Starwood hotels very competitive. They're quite generous with both the rates and conditions, ie, no requirement to be 'on orders', 'active duty', etc.

Howdy,

Thanks everyone for your responses. I wish I posted this before I paid for the Hyatt. I was thinking about the Mariott. Whatever I do I know will be fine though.

Bkonner

Archived