Coffee maker on Dawn

Pisti

I was pleased to read that the Dawn cabins have small coffee makers because I usually bring my own small (2 cup) one. I intended to bring my own favorite coffee. I just read in a review that the coffee maker is for instant. Could someone tell me can I make regular coffee in this or does it just boil water? Did a search on this and half say instant coffee and some say mini (4 cup) Mr. Coffee. We are in a regular balcony cabin, not a suite. Would really like to know because I HATE room service coffee.

I was pleased to read that the Dawn cabins have small coffee makers because I usually bring my own small (2 cup) one. I intended to bring my own favorite coffee. I just read in a review that the coffee maker is for instant. Could someone tell me can I make regular coffee in this or does it just boil water? Did a search on this and half say instant coffee and some say mini (4 cup) Mr. Coffee. We are in a regular balcony cabin, not a suite. Would really like to know because I HATE room service coffee.

Bring your own if you want an actual coffee maker, on the DAWN it is just a pot that boils water....I used it to make iced tea

Wonder why they can't break down and put "real coffee makers" in the cabins? :confused:

It would certainly help ease the "room service" request for pots of coffee I bet. I know my hubby orders several pots a day. A coffee maker is one of those "little things" that makes cabin life that much more enjoyable....if you are a coffee drinker that is.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
They are saving money to rebuild the SSUS :p

They should at least keep one of their promises! The SS United States is the only reason they got the Hawaii cruises.

Wonder why they can't break down and put "real coffee makers" in the cabins? :confused:

It would certainly help ease the "room service" request for pots of coffee I bet. I know my hubby orders several pots a day. A coffee maker is one of those "little things" that makes cabin life that much more enjoyable....if you are a coffee drinker that is.

Perhaps it is easier to bring a pot then have the cabin stewards try and clean the coffee maker. Those cabins with a coffee maker offer the same Fodgers as room service. Now if you go on the Jewel in a penthouse you get the miracle coffee machine.

84845271_coffeemaker-delux.jpg.1f3b247452590cf2b9217dcfaa26a643.jpg

You have to make your own coffee on NCL, how sad!

that's not what was said. You can get coffee from room service for free anytime. In the room is what I would call a kettle for boiling(heating) water. Its really good for making hot tea, but I don't like instant coffee. NCL is one of the few places you also can cappucino for free in the dining room. Some people never like the coffee that is brewed for them and you should see the complaining over at the Princess board where they claim the cruise line is charging for regular coffee...

Guest LoveMyBoxer
that's not what was said. You can get coffee from room service for free anytime. In the room is what I would call a kettle for boiling(heating) water. Its really good for making hot tea, but I don't like instant coffee. NCL is one of the few places you also can cappucino for free in the dining room. Some people never like the coffee that is brewed for them and you should see the complaining over at the Princess board where they claim the cruise line is charging for regular coffee...

Hmmmm, really?? The coffee we had on NCL was probably the BEST coffee ever on ANY cruise line. One of the few pluses of NCL.

... and you should see the complaining over at the Princess board where they claim the cruise line is charging for regular coffee...
Princess does charge for normal, brewed coffee. The "free" coffee is (apparently from what I've read) a coffee 'syrup' combined with hot water.

I was on the Crown Princess a few weeks ago. The free coffee was just awful. I brought my own mini coffee pot for the cabin. Worked out just fine. Cappuccino cost $$, also. (But, they had the best pizza at sea -- like New Haven's best!)

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Princess does charge for normal, brewed coffee. The "free" coffee is (apparently from what I've read) a coffee 'syrup' combined with hot water.

I was on the Crown Princess a few weeks ago. The free coffee was just awful. I brought my own mini coffee pot for the cabin. Worked out just fine. Cappuccino cost $$, also. (But, they had the best pizza at sea -- like New Haven's best!)

I was also on the Crown -- capuccino was free in the dining room and they had really good coffee in the suites.

I was also on the Crown -- capuccino was free in the dining room and they had really good coffee in the suites.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

I was on the Princess Cruiseline's ship named the Crown. And their free coffee I received in my suite was terrible.

Edit: & the capaccino was not free.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
:confused: :confused: :confused:

I was on the Princess Cruiseline's ship named the Crown. And their free coffee I received in my suite was terrible.

Edit: & the capaccino was not free.

It was the Norwegian Crown, not princess

Perhaps it is easier to bring a pot then have the cabin stewards try and clean the coffee maker.

Hmm...you could be right Shoreguy. I am pretty sure we had a "real coffee maker" on Carnival Legend a few years ago and pretty sure I cleaned the pot myself every day. Pretty sure means....probably, perhaps, I think I recall, or then again maybe, maybe not. ;)

Hmm...you could be right Shoreguy. I am pretty sure we had a "real coffee maker" on Carnival Legend a few years ago and pretty sure I cleaned the pot myself every day. Pretty sure means....probably, perhaps, I think I recall, or then again maybe, maybe not. ;) [/quote

]I was on the Carnval Legend last December, no coffee pot brought my own.

Hmm...you could be right Shoreguy. I am pretty sure we had a "real coffee maker" on Carnival Legend a few years ago and pretty sure I cleaned the pot myself every day. Pretty sure means....probably, perhaps, I think I recall, or then again maybe, maybe not. ;) [/quote

]I was on the Carnval Legend last December, no coffee pot brought my own.

Hmmm...Then I guess it's "maybe not" LOL! :o

I must be confusing the Legend with something else. We did stay in a suite...perhaps they have them in suites? I don't know. In any event....they need to look into this.

Archived